Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So last time I was looking for rice cakes at my local whole foods, i saw some mini rice cakes (cant remember the name now..) that underneath whole foods had marked as gluten free. I picked it up to check for the ingredients (since i also seem to have problems with soy)..and it had malted barley as one of the ingredients. Im pretty new to all this..but doesnt barley have gluten in it?

I noticed this as well in the soup aisle at the Whole Foods in Madison, NJ. I think the problem is that they are marking the spot on the shelf as oppossed to marking the actual product. Items could be moved or stocked incorrectly. Just proves we still have to read the labels.

It is good that stores are realizing our gluten-free needs but they have to do a better job. I think it would be best if they marked the actual product like Wegmans does.

I noticed this as well in the soup aisle at the Whole Foods in Madison, NJ. I think the problem is that they are marking the spot on the shelf as oppossed to marking the actual product. Items could be moved or stocked incorrectly. Just proves we still have to read the labels.

It is good that stores are realizing our gluten-free needs but they have to do a better job. I think it would be best if they marked the actual product like Wegmans does.

Yeah these were marked on the shelf, not the actual product (they weren't a whole foods brand, I think they were Hain's or something with an H? I'd have to double check). Would you mention it to a manager or something? I would feel awful if a person who was really new to this thought that they were okay since whole foods labeled them this way.