• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I've heard that many fluoride treatments and other pastes and such that dentists use during a cleaning contain gluten. I contacted my dentist and found out that he uses Ziroxide Premiere. I then called the company to find out if it is gluten free. They claim that it is gluten free, although I'm still unsure if they know that gluten is listed as other things besides "gluten" on an ingredient label.

What brands do your dentists use that are gluten free? And can anyone confirm that this is gluten free? Are most brands gluten free?

Thanks.

Well, you won't have to worry about it in fluoride treatments, if you avoid the fluoride to begin with, which is a potent nerve toxin, and something to avoid at all cost to begin with. It has been linked to lower average intelligence in fluoridated communities, mottled teeth, autoimmune diseases, Alzheimers, thyroid problems like goiter and a host of other problems. Here is a link to some interesting info on fluoride.

fluoride info

Links to many other sites

Sorry, I can't remember which "brand" my dentist uses. I did contact the company and I had the ingredient list in front of me (dentist provided). They also informed me that it was gluten-free. I have had my teeth cleaned several times and have not had a issue.

Hez

I've heard that many fluoride treatments and other pastes and such that dentists use during a cleaning contain gluten. I contacted my dentist and found out that he uses Ziroxide Premiere. I then called the company to find out if it is gluten free. They claim that it is gluten free, although I'm still unsure if they know that gluten is listed as other things besides "gluten" on an ingredient label.

What brands do your dentists use that are gluten free? And can anyone confirm that this is gluten free? Are most brands gluten free?

Thanks.

I got severely glutened on the topical anesthetic which the dentist used prior to the needle. Now I forego the topical and just take the needle. I WAS SO BAD THAT MY HUSBAND HAD TO WRITE THE CHECK FOR ME

and practically carried me out of the office. I never went back to him, he said he had other Celiacs but never checked the label. I've never heard of anyone else having a reaction like this.

When I went to the dentist they checked the ingredients for me. There was only one suspicious thing...it said Contains a thickener. And gluten is often used for a thickener. So they just cleaned my teeth with Crest, which is gluten-free.