This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vaccines?

odcdinah

ladyx Newbie
The pnuemonia vaccine does NOT protect against all types of pnuemonia just as the flu shot doesn't necessarily protect against all forms of the flu that might come around in any given year. My wife and I both had the flu together 20 years ago and we've both gotten the vaccine since then. Neither of us has had the flu since, thank goodness.

As for staying away from all vaccines, that's just irresponsible.

richard

I am shocked that you would say that people who stay away from all vaccines is irresposible. You must not have studied up on the subject and just believe what your doctor says to try to scare you into getting vaccines...people wonder why it is getting harder and harder to fight the flu and other dieases...if you know anything about germs...it's that when they are foght off with meds they learn...they mutate and make superbugs....it is happing more and more not just with vaccines but with all antibiotics cause they are prescribed for everything. I got prescribed antibotics for a spider bite and and imune suppresant. I was like whatever...I will just go home and put some charcoal on it to suck out the poison and avoid all those chemicals in my system. If you don't beleive that the pharmacy compaines are making sure that all these vaccinations are safe you must not understand how business works. If you can scare someone into buying something then you have them hooked for life...Fear is a HUGE motivator. The president just passed a new bill that states that a pharmicudical company cannot be sued for adverse reactions to vaccines...specificlly the bird flu vaccine which has the same base as the vaccine that they used on the troops in dessert storm that made a lot of them so sick and destroyed their lives. If it did that to grown adults what do you think it is going to do to my little 2 year old. If vaccines are so safe why do we have to make the drug companies un sueable if there are bad reactions to them. And if you still don't beleive that the drug companies are in it for profit they have begun to test herbs and other natral remidies...ones that are proven to work they are convincing the FDA to ban from sale because once it is proven to work then it should be considered a medican and not for over the counter sale. Here is another kind of crazy story about drugs and third world countries and how we are supposedly helping them. I have a friend that is a missionary in the Phillipian and he was given medican to keep people from getting malaria he had been giving it to them for over a year..."helping them" but the side affects of the medicen are not fun they make you tired ect. One day he saw someone digging some roots and asked what he was getting them for. The native said that before the "educated men came from the states" with his medican that the root was the cure for malaria...they had been using it for hundreds of years (with no side effects) When he asked why they didn't tell him about the root and continue to use it. They said that the missionaries had said their medican was better and since they didn't have to go out in the jungle and search for it...they were just given the little white pills to take and they got better. That was a lot less work. Crazy huh. God made the root that cured the malaria right where it was needed. My missionary friend was converted right there to a more natural form of medican right there and he has not give a single malaria pill since that day and has not lost anyone to malaria either.

I almost DIED every time I was vaccinated as a child. I had a fever of over 104 degrees for a week and didn't even know my own name for that week...every single time I was vaccinated but they drilled into my moms head in nursing school that kids had to have them. My step daughter had sezures from her 18 month vaccines and suffered irreversable learning disabilities...they don't know if it was from the vaccine or from the strong seizer meds they put her on either way she is a beautiful 20 year old women who looks perfectly normal but can't even count money or make change. And when my husband put her in school they made him vaccinate her again because the doctor she was seeing said there was no proof that the vaccine caused the original seizures. Guess what seizures came back. They are black out seizures, she can be talking and then suddenly stare off into space and then a few min later say "what just happened" She doesn't fall on te floor or anything it is just these little mini seizures in her brain. Go vaccines!!! And my son started haveing seizures at 4 days old (probably from gluten in my breast milk) and his nuerolagest told me never to have Leo vaccinated. If vaccines are so safe why do kids with seizures have to stay away from them. Both my parents who have been nurses for more than 25 years after seeing what vaccines do to so many people begged me not to have my kids vaccinated...I know doctors who have told me that they don't vaccinate there kids with any of the live vaccines. Lets all stand in a line and get a shot in our kids arm because the doctors say its the right thing to do. Try a little education before you expose yourself and your kids to that kind of stuff. I am not saying don't get vaccinated...that is your choice...just get educated and make an informed desion. We did what is right for our family and I believe prevented the posibility of autism in my son. (he is allergic to metal touching his skin and I can't imagine what putting mercery in his blood would have done to his brain because he would have gotten some of the vaccines that they were still preserving with mercery) here is a link to a web site about educating yourself and knowing your rights. Like knowing you have a right to know the lot # of the vaccine your kid is getting so if your kid has a bad reaction they can pull that lot # from circulaton. here is the website Open Original Shared Link and if you don't believe that there is a coverup to make people think it is safe "becuase we said so" read katie's story and another web site Open Original Shared Link Education is impowerment over ignorance. I hope I didn't come off mean or anything I just think that people with celiac wouldn't beleive everything there doctor says...I mean how many of us have had to go it alone and find the truth for ourselves...look for the truth. I am not against vaccinations but I think that if we all stand up and refuse to vaccinate our kids until the drug company makes them safer then so many kids wouldn't have to die. If only 10 kids die or get autism for every 1000 that are vaccinated is that an acceptable percentage to you if your kid is one of those 10?

Ok, ok I am off my soap box now, lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

First, I misworded what I said. I do think, however, that ADVISING other people to avoid ALL vaccines is irresponsible. Just heard a story today that in some countries cases of polio are taking a HUGE jump. I guess the fact that polio disappeared in the U.S. after people started getting the vaccine isn't absolute proof it works, but it seems like pretty strong evidence. Same with smallpox, which used to kill and disfigure tens or hundreds of thousands.

And what do you suggest for people who react badly to vaccines? Which vaccines would you pick and choose here? What about people with a family history of immune disorders? And food allergies?

I would not pretend to advise anybody who has bad reactions to vaccines anything, except talk to your doctor and do your own research. Food allergies? Depends on the foods. If you have an egg allergy, for instance, you don't take the flu vaccine. I take it because during the past 20 years that I've been getting it I've taken care of children with the flu and been around others with it, and I haven't gotten sick. As I said before, there's no question that it's not 100 percent effective, so next year I might get the flu. That's life.

I'm not necessarily in favor of all vaccines. Neither of our children got the chicken pox vaccine because chicken pox in children just isn't that big of a deal. Except for a few red dots and one day of feeling crummy, you hardly knew our kids had it. I'm not sure the mumps is all that dangerous except in adults. On the other hand, whooping cough used to kill children and German measles could kill or injure unborn children.

Vaccines for malaria, hepititis (required for medical people, like my wife), tetnus, rabies (only when necessary of course) all seem without question to work.

ladyx Newbie

in some countries cases of polio are taking a HUGE jump. I guess the fact that polio disappeared in the U.S. after people started getting the vaccine isn't absolute proof it works, but it seems like pretty strong evidence.

I saw a documentry on PBS about polio vaccines that they give in third world countries they said that they are trying to aradicate polio just like smallpox...the drug compinies donated all the live oral poio vaccines to be given to those in third world that we in the states would not put up with because it was giving to many people polio. They say it is cheaper and easier to administer....and if they give some kid in africa polio I guess they don't care because they have a high chance of getting it anyway and they sure don't have the money to sue.

Anyway, my point was not that they don't work it was that we need to demand that they be safer....safe enough is not good enough when it comes to our kids. Vaccines that kill kids are not any better then the drugs that kill people like all the ones we have heard about in the news lately. My doctor tried to make me sign a paper that said I agreed that I was endagering my kids lives by not vaccinating them. Because when the state came around and checked her records she would get in a lot of trouble if any of her patients weren't vaccinated. My mom told me that when she was nursing that the state would come in and throw a fit if all the kids weren't vaccinated and threated the doctors to shut them down. So if the doctor tells you all the possible side effects and lets you read the insert to the vaccine that your child is about to get and you decide not to get it...he can get reamed by the state. That's why when you ask about the possible negitive side effects they only tell you the basic mild ones and then change the subject. I am not completely anti-vaccine even though a lot of people think I am because I don't vaccinate my kids but with my family history unless they make them a lot safer I can't take the chance. My hope is that people who do vaccinate there kids will get educated on side effects and not just fill there kids up with two or three or sometimes even five vaccines at a time cause if they have a bad reaction then you don't know what it was from and if it is a bad lot number...like it was comtaminated or something and you didn't ask for the lot number then hundreds of other kids could get sick too. Know the side effects so if your child has bad reactions then you know its from the vaccines even though your doctor will try to convince you that it something else...you can fire your doctor and find one that will treat your child for what is really wrong with him or her.

Your right about the chicken pox thing...if kids get that when there little it's not very dangerous but if you get chicken poxs as an adult it could really hurt you...make you blind or even kill you...and when they give you chicken poxs vaccine as a kid it means you have a bigger chance to get it as an adult....It is way safer to get it as a kid.

Flu vaccines are relitively safe for those in good health. Make sure you don't get them when your immune system is down...it is really hard to get better after a flu vaccine makes you sick...we lost a lot of patients every year when flu vaccines came around at the nursing home because older people who are already sick in other ways just don't have enough immune system left to fight of the flu vaccine. But there are a lot of natural ways to build your immune system. Ciropractic care can do wonders by itself.. When I went to my ciropractor every week because of my back problems. I hardly ever got sick...even when my three sick kids coughed in my face.

good luck:)

ladyx Newbie
When i've had the flu shot, I ended up with a huge hot red swelling at the injection site. The first time it was the size of a lime. The next time it was larger, and the last time, it was the size of a grapefruit. At that point, the doctor said I shouldn't get them anymore. I also felt mildly ill for weeks following the shots. Same thing happened to me with gamma globulin. I later found out that both the gamma globulin and the flu shot contain thimerasol, which I already knew I was allergic to from having reacted to eye drops that had them, but nobody told me they were in vaccines until it was too late.

thimerasol is what has the mercery in it...are you allergic to any metals as well...by the way mercery was removed from all vaccines in England and Canada and they threw the old stuff away with mercery in it but here in the states the drug companies told the doctors to use up the stuff with mercery in it frist and then they could have some without. Got to love them...anyway most vaccines don't have thimerasol anymore from what I have read on most of the websites...but before you get vaccinated for anything you sould deffinatly ask or go to England to get one lol.

lovegrov Collaborator

Flu vaccines are relitively safe for those in good health. Make sure you don't get them when your immune system is down.

I never ever get a flu shot if I'm sick or not feeling well. I think that's standard advice for the vaccine.

richard

• 3 weeks later...
AndreaB Contributor

Some more websites to look for. www.nvic.org, www.thinktwice.org, www.mercola.com (do a search for vaccines). Also Dr. Blaylock, (do a google search for Dr Russell Blaylock vaccines) the neurosurgeon who wrote about excitotoxins says to definately avoid the live vaccines and if you get the others space them out six months apart. Dr. Blaylock has also written about the dangers of the flu vaccine with thimerosal and aluminum. If taken 5 years in a row it increases your chances of developing alzheimers is ten times higherI have also read that the pharma's want to mandate all vaccines. It's a big mess. Vaccines still have aluminum in them. More vaccines are being created to give to kids because of other vaccines they've gotten causing problems. Diabetes, Neurological diseases, Autism and related disorders and I don't remember everything else is in part due to over vaccinating. The human body isn't being allowed to develop any immunites. What is left is a life of boosters. My oldest has had all her vaccines, my next oldest won't get his last batch and my youngest only had up to his two month vac's. I have a friend that is a fam med doctor and she has only got the HIB for her newest son. She may get more after he's 2 yrs. I have also read to wait until they are 2 to give there immune system time to develop as well as everything else that is going on in their little bodies.

Just some more food for thought. :unsure:

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
thimerasol is what has the mercery in it...are you allergic to any metals as well...

Yes, I seem to be allergic to anything and everything with metal in it exept for my wedding ring, which is a narrow band of 24K gold. I wear a plastic watch, and I can't wear necklaces or earrings.

I had a horrible reaction to a safety-pin that was in a second-hand shirt that I had bought (it was holding one of the shoulder-pads in)--and I only wore it for a couple of hours.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Like knowing you have a right to know the lot # of the vaccine your kid is getting so if your kid has a bad reaction they can pull that lot # from circulaton. here is the website Open Original Shared Link and if you don't believe that there is a coverup to make people think it is safe "becuase we said so" read katie's story and another web site Open Original Shared Link Education is impowerment over ignorance. I hope I didn't come off mean or anything I just think that people with celiac wouldn't beleive everything there doctor says...I mean how many of us have had to go it alone and find the truth for ourselves...look for the truth. I am not against vaccinations but I think that if we all stand up and refuse to vaccinate our kids until the drug company makes them safer then so many kids wouldn't have to die. If only 10 kids die or get autism for every 1000 that are vaccinated is that an acceptable percentage to you if your kid is one of those 10?

Ok, ok I am off my soap box now, lol.

Lots of good information in those websites--thanks for posting them. My oldest had that horrible strange screaming/fever after his 2 month shots (oral polio, DTP, and Hib). I kept calling the pediatrician, and I only got to speak to the nurse, who told me on my third call in three hours that yes, the baby sounded "a little fussy." This was a baby with cardiac issues who didn't have the energy to cry when he was hungry. I had suspected the DPT--never occured to me that it was a polio reaction. Holy Hannah.

My middle child developed a rash over his entire body 24 hours after recieving his 4-month round of shots. The dermatologist called it a "drug reaction." Two months later, it morphed into a horrible blistering eczema, which continued for 8 months. Later, it calmed down except for his arms, especially inner elbows. When I put him on a "gluten-lite" diet, the eczema disappeared.

My youngest received the DTaP and the killed-virus polio--and she had the heavy-sleep reaction for 48 hours, but the pediatrician just wasn't worried.

We had a chicken pox outbreak at my son's elementary school this year. Everyone who had it had been vaccinated, including my oldest son. We actually invited a kid whose sister had it over to play, but my other 2 never came down with it--and they'd never been vaccinated for it. I also hear that having that vaccine increases your chances of developing shingles, which is also potentially deadly, and unbelievably painful.

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Fiddle Faddle,

I had my three year old vaccinated against chickenpox. Since all the reading I've done since I wish I hadn't. He hasn't had any reactions. He'll be four in September. My oldest had chickenpox when she was 11 months. There is a lot of info out there about vaccines, more than a lot of doctors would like us to look at. I believe most doctors just aren't aware of the situation, they are told what to do and when. They are trained in schools run by the pharma companies. My friend who is a doctor told me if she had heard this information 10 years back, she wouldn't have listened to it. She has myself and another friend feeding her information and has started thinking about vaccinations more. He newest is 2 months younger than mine. My youngest is 6 months and if we give him any vaccines it will be after he is 2 yrs. Although we will likely stay with his 2 month round of vac's.

Hi, Andrea,

There's another thread on this board about vaccines ("weapons of mass destruction"). Shayesmom posted lots of truly frightening studies--one says that babies die at a rate 8 times the normal rate within 3 days of the DPT. Why aren't these things in the newspapers?

AndreaB Contributor

Fiddle Faddle,

It's called the almighty dollar. It seems to be affecting the minds of more and more people in positions. The pharma companies don't want to lose all the big money. Bush has also signed into law a bill called the New Freedom Act (or somthing like that). It is designed to mandate psychological testing on children to see if the show any signs of depression add/adhd. They have run trials in Illinois and Texas I believe.

I have posted on the other site as well. Thank you for letting me know though. For those interested in vaccine updates go to www.nvic.org and sign up for email news updates. They send a lot of stuff and have a lot of good information on their site. More and more people are becoming aware of the possible dangers of over vaccination.

I have a book called Vaccine Guide which is very good and seems to be balanced. It goes through benefits and adverse reactions etc. so you can make a more informed choice.

loraleena Contributor

I suggest that everyone stop believing everything that we are told by our goverments! There is lots of info out there that contradicts everyone's beliefs about the effectiveness and safety of vaccines. Please tell me how injecting newborn babies with mercury(a known neuro toxin is good for them). I vaccinated my son, but knowing what I know now I would never do this again. This is a topic you all have to do your own research and make up your own mind. But please do not blindly follow!

AndreaB Contributor

Loraleena,

I totally agree with you. I just had my two oldest vaccinated for hep a last year and my first born son also had the varicella. My heart is breaking that I hadn't learned this earlier. We have no obvious problems but some things manifest over time. Vaccines are one of many that affect behavior. My newborn had his 2 month vaccinations before I got the book by Dr. Blaylock "Health and Nutrition Secrets...". He goes into vaccinations and I've also got the book I mentioned in the above post. My husband and I have decided to take our chances with this one not getting any more. I have also posted on the other vaccine topic. NVIC is trying to educate people about the dangers of vaccines but not telling anyone what to do. That is each individual parents decision. They fight any legislation that will try and take the parents choice away as well as trying to fight the recent bill that takes away the danger for the pharma's being sued.

My daughter is just getting over Henoch-Schonlein Purpura. They don't know what causes it but it has been linked to measles and varicella. She didn't have the varicella as she had chickenpox. She still has to go in for tests to make sure her kidneys are still functioning properly. I'm getting of topic but I still wonder why she got it. She wonders too, because her brother hasn't gotten it. He's only three so he still could. It mainly affects 2-11 yr olds.

tarnalberry Community Regular

There is still a good reason for vaccinations. I'm not saying that we need all the vaccinations we have. I'm not saying that the schedule doctors use is a good one. I'm not saying that there aren't side effects. (And most vaccines do not now contain thimersol, and many never did. Open Original Shared Link) I'm CERTAINLY NOT saying to go in blindly following whatever the doctor says to do.

But there is a critical mass of vaccinations that is necessary to keep infectious diseases from being able to rampage throughout a population, just not getting the vaccinations isn't necessarily the way to go, from a epidemiological perspective.

Archived