This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cereal

11111 Apprentice

Hi,

I am having a hard time finding gluten free cereal. When I do find it it is a little box for 5 dollars :blink: . HELP

Nancy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient
Hi,

I am having a hard time finding gluten free cereal. When I do find it it is a little box for 5 dollars :blink: . HELP

Nancy

General Mills Cocoa Puffs - the newest forumal is gluten-free, older ones are not.

Post Furity Pebbles (NOT the one iwth marshmellows)

Post Cocoa Pebbles

General Mills Neopeots (not seen this one my self, but many here report it)

Kroger Brand Friuty Pebbles

Those are the only mainstream cearls I know of other then some of the plain rice puffs. There are tons of "gluten-free" cerals in the specitiy asiles, but most of them will cost more then the mianstream stuff.

lorka150 Collaborator

The gluten free Nature's Path line is generally less expensive than others. Good luck!

jerseyangel Proficient

I love Envirokidz Peanut Butter Panda Puffs. The last 2 times I've been to Whole Foods, they've had it on sale for $2.99.

francelajoie Explorer

Tried the Envirokids cocoa crispies for the first time this morning...WOW!!! I'm a kid again. My aunt buys it for my nephew all the time...he's a perfectly healthy boy...my aunt is in to the organic stuff.

11111 Apprentice

Thanks you for advise. I will look for them. I have had a hard time finding Nature's Path cereal.

Thanks for your time - Nancy :rolleyes:

TimSpfd Newbie

I will just reiterate the EnviroKids.

Krogers carries them in their health section, and Trader Joes also has them. I love the Koala Crunch and Gorilla munch.

I can't go a day without one of their rice crispy snacks either - Cheetah Snacks yummmm

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TCA Contributor

There's a Neopets Islandberry Crunch that is gluten-free too. I'm a Cocoa pebbles girl, myself, but my hubbie likes these.

jaten Enthusiast

Another hand goes up for Nature's Path Envirokidz. My personal favorite are the Panda Puffs; the Koala Crisps are also good, but a very chocolate way to start the morning.

These are both very sweet cereals. I usually eat Enjoy Life, but then you're into the $5 for the little box that you were wanting to enjoy.

Guest nini

Nature's Path's gluten free cereals come in enviro bags that are larger than the boxes, and I look for them on sale... also the Envirokids cereals are a fave of my daughter!

chrissy Collaborator

i bought frosted perky o's for my girls (yea, kind of pricey) but kassie said she thinks they are the best cereal she has ever had----even before gluten free.

christine

artmeg55 Newbie

The important thing to remember is that you're worth it! I look at these items as staples that are necessary items. Personally I do not care for Rice Crispies or corn flakes. They get too soggy and taste like mush. This may sound crazy, but I keep a box of baby rice cereal for mornings that I need to get out extra early. It's not bad with milk, a shake of cinnamon, and a squeeze of honey.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, their prices are about the best that I've found for gluten-free cereal; these are the cereals that I like best: Enviro Kids Peanut Butter Panda Puffs and Enviro Kids Koala Krisp, Puffins-the plain and cinnamon-these come in a larger box and are great. Don't let the kid names fool you. These cereals are all good. My 6'2" son watches to see them on sale and will buy them for me at his super size grocery store. since some of the larger chain stores do carry more gluten-free products. You may want to try Red Mill products. They make a hot ceral mix called "Mighty Tasty gluten-free Hot Cereal". Yes that is really the name! And it's not bad, but it takes 10 minutes to cook. If you think it's expensive, remember that one bag lasts a long time (much longer than a box of cereal), and it's very nourishing. Also, Mr. Ritts Bakery in Philadelphia makes a pancake and waffle mix that is a pleasant change from cereal in the morning. They also have bags of a variety of flavored gluten-free cereals that are good and priced sensibly.

Archived