• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Anyone know if glee gum is gluten free? I bought it at whole foods or trader joes, i don't see anything suspicious but i figured id just double check...

Ooops I dont know how to delete that late post but i just found the website....

Glee Gum is made with all natural ingredients including: pure cane sugar, rice syrup, natural flavorings and colorings. Our gum base has super chewy natural chicle harvested from Sapodilla trees in the rain forests of Central America.

Glee Gum is: Vegetarian, Additive Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Casein Free, Egg Free, Yeast Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, and Peanut Free.

I assume it doesn't have aspartame or splenda but does someone who has the gum confirm this?

also, does it taste any good and does it last compared to regular gum? I had some peelu gum I tried for a little while that tasted okay but the taste died fast and the gum broke apart... had to stop using it cause soy lecithin was in it anyway..

why? if it has splenda or aspartame in it is that bad?

tina

I assume it doesn't have aspartame or splenda but does someone who has the gum confirm this?

also, does it taste any good and does it last compared to regular gum? I had some peelu gum I tried for a little while that tasted okay but the taste died fast and the gum broke apart... had to stop using it cause soy lecithin was in it anyway..

why? if it has splenda or aspartame in it is that bad?

tina

Not from a gluten perspective. Splenda and aspartame can be pretty bad from some other perspectives though B)

Glee gum is "all natural" and does not contain those things. It does have lecithin in it though.

Ingredients: CANE SUGAR, GLUCOSE, GUMBASE (CONTAINS NATURAL CHICLE), RICE SYRUP, GUM ARABIC, PEPPERMINT OIL, RESINOUS GLAZE, LECITHIN, BEESWAX, CARNAUBA WAX, AND CHLOROPHYLL.

Glee gum is "all natural" and does not contain those things. It does have lecithin in it though.

Ingredients: CANE SUGAR, GLUCOSE, GUMBASE (CONTAINS NATURAL CHICLE), RICE SYRUP, GUM ARABIC, PEPPERMINT OIL, RESINOUS GLAZE, LECITHIN, BEESWAX, CARNAUBA WAX, AND CHLOROPHYLL.

isn't lecithin and soy lecithin the same thing? is there some other type of lecithin? I figured the gum didn't have lecithin when I saw it was soy free in the original post unless there are multiple flavors...

isn't lecithin and soy lecithin the same thing? is there some other type of lecithin? I figured the gum didn't have lecithin when I saw it was soy free in the original post unless there are multiple flavors...

I believe they're allowed to say soy free, even if something contains lecithin, because most people with soy allergies don't react to lecithin. I'm not sure if there's another type of lecithin though.

I emailed them about the soy, and they said that there is no soy lecithin in either the cinnamon or the tangerine gums. It is however in the peppermint flavor.

Patti - the whole foods I go to (middletown) doesn't have it either. But I found it at some random health foods place in little silver. If you go to the glee gum website, they have a store locator link. A number of the stores I found on that link didn't carry it, but I found one that did. Also not a bad way to find other places that might carry gluten-free and organic foods.

I emailed them about the soy, and they said that there is no soy lecithin in either the cinnamon or the tangerine gums. It is however in the peppermint flavor.

Patti - the whole foods I go to (middletown) doesn't have it either. But I found it at some random health foods place in little silver. If you go to the glee gum website, they have a store locator link. A number of the stores I found on that link didn't carry it, but I found one that did. Also not a bad way to find other places that might carry gluten-free and organic foods.

Charlie--Thank you so much! There is a store in Cinnaminson that I'm going to call tomorrow--that's not far from here at all. Never knew they were there--like you said, a new place to find gluten free foods. :D Thanks again :)