• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest MyKidsMom

For Those Of You With Crohn's Disease...

Rate this topic

Guest MyKidsMom

How ironic it is that my best friend from high school has Crohn's disease and had cervical cancer...we are both just 29!!!

Anyway, you all have been a MAJOR help to me emotionally and financially (by recommending lab tests, food, etc.) and I was recommending she find a good website with message board to help her cope with all the depression, symptoms etc. Does anyone know of any good ones for Crohn's?

Side note: She went to the doc today and asked if they could help her b/c she has been in severe pain and her gall bladder is seized up. She asked that they not prescribe her any more morphine and help her deal with the root of the problem (she has been in the ER several times at $1500 a visit!) and they just told her that they didn't know what else they could do for her and told her if she didn't like that response she could get a second opinion. Keep in mind we are in Alaska and the closest second opinion is almost 400 miles away! Thanks for going the extra mile, doc! (sarcastic)

Gosh, didn't know I needed to vent so much for her!

I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure that there must be a yahoo group for Crohns.

I am so amazed by the number of young people who are getting cancer.

I am 29 too, and I was diagnosed with uterine sarcoma cancer at age 19. It had spread everywhere into my lymph nodes ( after being misdiagnosed for two years at my local hospital).

I just have been hearing more and more stories of people getting cancer at an early age. I hate it!!

My best friend Christine (who I met in a cancer survivor support group) also had cervical cancer. It is great to have someone else who is dealing with the same issues- though I'd never want anyone else to have to suffer the way that I did.

Best of luck to you friend. If she would just like to speak to someone about the aftereffects of treatment, and hysterectomy stuff at an early age- please let me know and i would love to email with her.

Good luck

Rebecca

How ironic it is that my best friend from high school has Crohn's disease and had cervical cancer...we are both just 29!!!

Anyway, you all have been a MAJOR help to me emotionally and financially (by recommending lab tests, food, etc.) and I was recommending she find a good website with message board to help her cope with all the depression, symptoms etc. Does anyone know of any good ones for Crohn's?

Side note: She went to the doc today and asked if they could help her b/c she has been in severe pain and her gall bladder is seized up. She asked that they not prescribe her any more morphine and help her deal with the root of the problem (she has been in the ER several times at $1500 a visit!) and they just told her that they didn't know what else they could do for her and told her if she didn't like that response she could get a second opinion. Keep in mind we are in Alaska and the closest second opinion is almost 400 miles away! Thanks for going the extra mile, doc! (sarcastic)

Gosh, didn't know I needed to vent so much for her!

Guest MyKidsMom

Thanks for the warm thoughts and support. I will try to look up some support groups for her and keep your post handy, too!