• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lani

Help!

Rate this topic

hey everyone

my name is lani and i have recently found out that im coeliac and im also new to this

btw i am australian..r there any other aussies on this..r u all mostly american?

its not as bad as it thought and i think that this is a really gd thing cus id rather talk to other ppl my age then old ppl

i was wandering if Glucose thats from wheat has gluten in it? i was told originally that it was ok cus it was broken up by the amount of sugar but i have just been on hols with another coeliac and they told me that it was actually bad? is it?

i find that its in alot of the more unhealthy things- some choc bars and ice cream

so if anyone can help please do

.. thank u

cheers

lani

Glucose and gluten are different.

To find other Australians, try a search under Australia, or seek out the Meeting Room or International forums.

Nice to meet you.

lani:

Several of our friends here are from the land down under. Start a new post and asked "Oussies out there, please post"...You will be suprized how many hits you get from here.

The gluten free menu is hard in the beginning, but it gets much easier as time goes by. If you have any specific question, all of us would be glad to help. That's why were are here, to help each other.

Welcome to the world of Celiac Disease. You can learn so much by reading the posts here, far more than any doctor can tell you. Best of all, you can talk frankly here. As you can see from the posts here, we talk about everything.

So....ask away. If one person cannot answer your question someone else will.

Hope to hear from you again. - Lisa

Hi Lani,

Welcome to the world of adventure and challenge, as we live with Celiac! This is the place to learn as much as you can, and to ask any question you want. I have had Celiac symptoms since the age of 8, and am now 61 so I've had many opportunities to experiment with the diet and learning how to live with it.

Keep coming here for advice and information. Welda Lou

Welcome! :)

Glucose syrup can be made of wheat, and it's a kind of tricky question. In theory there's no gluten left in it after the way it's made, and many celiacs can tolerate it, but then again, many don't (like me for instance).

I'd say avoid it until you are more familiar with the diet, do some research and reading for yourself and make an informed decision later.

Pauliina

Nice to meet you all too, Everyone is so nice!!!

Sorry i just realised that there are alot of weird things and errors in my post. Im trying to work this out.

I thought i deleted this but it obviously worked.

Thank you all for the information, it's been really great!

Lani

Nice to meet you all too, Everyone is so nice!!!

Sorry i just realised that there are alot of weird things and errors in my post. Im trying to work this out.

I thought i deleted this but it obviously worked.

Thank you all for the information, it's been really great!

Lani

Welcome to the board! I am in America, but like someone else said, you can do a thread called "Any Aussies out there?" and see what kind of response you get. But you are more than welcome to post and ask questions! Welcome again!

Hi Lani,

Have you contacted and joined the Coeliac Society in your state? If not, you should look into it. I am a member of the Victorian branch. They will provide you with some great reading material as well as a little ingredient list that tells you what contains gluten and what does not. According to their list Glucose Syrup that is made from wheat is actually gluten free.

Cheers