This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free And Cf Junk Food?

VydorScope

VydorScope Proficient

Okay I need some junk food help, whats completely CF and gluten-free out there that I can have??? I react to Lays Stax (dariy) so cant have them.... what else????????? HELP I NEED JUNK FOOD! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

amybeth Enthusiast

glutino pretzels in the red bag.

SO good. (don't know if they are CF, I realize, now)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Vincent--I love Lay's Natural Ruffles--potatoes, expeller pressed sunflower oil, salt.

VydorScope Proficient
Hi Vincent--I love Lay's Natural Ruffles--potatoes, expeller pressed sunflower oil, salt.

what about CC? Any info? Layx Staxx has no dairy listed, but Carriefaith and I both react to it (comon diary intorences).

jerseyangel Proficient
what about CC? Any info? Layx Staxx has no dairy listed, but Carriefaith and I both react to it (comon diary intorences).

They're not made on dedicated lines--I am extremely sensitive and have never reacted to them and I eat them often. But, as we know, reactions are an individual thing. Good luck on your junk food quest :D

VydorScope Proficient
They're not made on dedicated lines--I am extremely sensitive and have never reacted to them and I eat them often. But, as we know, reactions are an individual thing. Good luck on your junk food quest :D

Do you have dairy issues to? I cant keep track... :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient
Do you have dairy issues to? I cant keep track... :blink:

Yes--I've been dairy free for 2 years now, while only gluten-free for just under a year. I react to small amounts of dairy as well.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient
Yes--I've been dairy free for 2 years now, while only gluten-free for just under a year. I react to small amounts of dairy as well.

Awsome! errr not realy, you knwo what I mean :)

Do you react to Lays Stax?

jerseyangel Proficient

yea, I do. I don't know why--possibly the dairy CC? The Stax also have many ingredients, whereas the chips are only potato, oil and salt.

VydorScope Proficient
yea, I do. I don't know why--possibly the dairy CC? The Stax also have many ingredients, whereas the chips are only potato, oil and salt.

Well you , Carriefiath, and I react. We all share diary problems. So I bet its CC from the other flavors that share the line.

jerseyangel Proficient

Works for me--I think we figured that one out :D

Cheri A Contributor

My dd likes the Glutino pretzels too! She also really likes plain air popped popcorn w/salt.

Haven't bought potato chips in a while, but she likes Tostitos too!

VydorScope Proficient

Thanks!

So far

Lay's Natural Ruffles

Glutino pretzels

Tostitos

Anything else? I like the pretzles, but can only get them form Whole Foods and thats a hike and a half to get too...

Becky6 Enthusiast

I believe the Nana's cookies bars are Gluten-free Casein-free. They are good! And Michael Season's potato chips are good.

Mango04 Enthusiast

French fries! Oops, sorry. I know that's a sensitive subject. Not the McD's one of course :) Make them yourself, or get them frozen. I like Alexia - says gluten-free right on the package.

VydorScope Proficient
French fries! Oops, sorry. I know that's a sensitive subject. Not the McD's one of course :) Make them yourself, or get them frozen. I like Alexia - says gluten-free right on the package.

I usally do make them my self, almost as easy as using froze realy. :)

Not seen alexa around here, but we sometimes get Orea

Hmm okay so far...

Lay's Natural Ruffles

Glutino pretzels

Tostitos

French Fries (not fast food prbly)

Michael Season's potato chips <--- not seen around here

Nana's cookies bars <--- not seen around here

Thanks! Keep ideas comming... :D

Lister Rising Star

Kettles Chips- Original natural crisp cut, almost positive these are ok but i have been wrong in the past but they are some of the best chips u will ever have

op yep as long as they are the organic ones more on the site if u look around

Open Original Shared Link

aparently almost all of there chips are including

KETTLE

Felidae Enthusiast

Kinnikinnick cookies

Skittles

This is pretty sad, I can't think of any other junk foods. I react to Lays Staxx also, so I stopped eating them.

Becky6 Enthusiast

I know it is not near you but Whole foods carries the potato chips and Nana's bars. The Ener-g Snickerdoodles cookies are good too!

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Just a note on the alexia fries. Some of them DO contain dairy (I had oven baked reds with olive oil, garlic and parmasean cheese last night) Sooo you might be running the risk of CC with some of them. You would have to call the company to find out for sure.

Open Original Shared Link

-Jessica :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

I second the Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles! Also their Gingerbread Spice Cookies--yum :D

Mango04 Enthusiast

There's tons and tons of gluten-free/cf junk food you can get....cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy... Ironically, you usually have to get it at the health food store, or order it online. There's not many options there at the regular grocery store (I don't think).

VydorScope Proficient
I know it is not near you but Whole foods carries the potato chips and Nana's bars. The Ener-g Snickerdoodles cookies are good too!

No wholefoods at all so they are not an option. :( But hanks!

There's tons and tons of gluten-free/cf junk food you can get....cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy... Ironically, you usually have to get it at the health food store, or order it online. There's not many options there at the regular grocery store (I don't think).

Yea we make a trip out to Wild Oats 1 once a month or 2... but knid of need more mainstream options.

Archived