• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

VydorScope

gluten-free And Cf Junk Food?

Rate this topic

Okay I need some junk food help, whats completely CF and gluten-free out there that I can have??? I react to Lays Stax (dariy) so cant have them.... what else????????? HELP I NEED JUNK FOOD! :D

Hi Vincent--I love Lay's Natural Ruffles--potatoes, expeller pressed sunflower oil, salt.

what about CC? Any info? Layx Staxx has no dairy listed, but Carriefaith and I both react to it (comon diary intorences).

what about CC? Any info? Layx Staxx has no dairy listed, but Carriefaith and I both react to it (comon diary intorences).

They're not made on dedicated lines--I am extremely sensitive and have never reacted to them and I eat them often. But, as we know, reactions are an individual thing. Good luck on your junk food quest :D

They're not made on dedicated lines--I am extremely sensitive and have never reacted to them and I eat them often. But, as we know, reactions are an individual thing. Good luck on your junk food quest :D

Do you have dairy issues to? I cant keep track... :blink:

Yes--I've been dairy free for 2 years now, while only gluten-free for just under a year. I react to small amounts of dairy as well.

Awsome! errr not realy, you knwo what I mean :)

Do you react to Lays Stax?

yea, I do. I don't know why--possibly the dairy CC? The Stax also have many ingredients, whereas the chips are only potato, oil and salt.

Well you , Carriefiath, and I react. We all share diary problems. So I bet its CC from the other flavors that share the line.

Thanks!

So far

Lay's Natural Ruffles

Glutino pretzels

Tostitos

Anything else? I like the pretzles, but can only get them form Whole Foods and thats a hike and a half to get too...

French fries! Oops, sorry. I know that's a sensitive subject. Not the McD's one of course :) Make them yourself, or get them frozen. I like Alexia - says gluten-free right on the package.

French fries! Oops, sorry. I know that's a sensitive subject. Not the McD's one of course :) Make them yourself, or get them frozen. I like Alexia - says gluten-free right on the package.

I usally do make them my self, almost as easy as using froze realy. :)

Not seen alexa around here, but we sometimes get Orea

Hmm okay so far...

Lay's Natural Ruffles

Glutino pretzels

Tostitos

French Fries (not fast food prbly)

Michael Season's potato chips <--- not seen around here

Nana's cookies bars <--- not seen around here

Thanks! Keep ideas comming... :D

Kettles Chips- Original natural crisp cut, almost positive these are ok but i have been wrong in the past but they are some of the best chips u will ever have

op yep as long as they are the organic ones more on the site if u look around

http://www.kettlefoods.co.uk/site/WebSiteP...1&ingredient=21

aparently almost all of there chips are including

KETTLE

Kinnikinnick cookies

Skittles

This is pretty sad, I can't think of any other junk foods. I react to Lays Staxx also, so I stopped eating them.

Just a note on the alexia fries. Some of them DO contain dairy (I had oven baked reds with olive oil, garlic and parmasean cheese last night) Sooo you might be running the risk of CC with some of them. You would have to call the company to find out for sure.

http://www.alexiafoods.com/products/oven_wedges_main.htm

-Jessica :rolleyes:

There's tons and tons of gluten-free/cf junk food you can get....cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy... Ironically, you usually have to get it at the health food store, or order it online. There's not many options there at the regular grocery store (I don't think).

I know it is not near you but Whole foods carries the potato chips and Nana's bars. The Ener-g Snickerdoodles cookies are good too!

No wholefoods at all so they are not an option. :( But hanks!

There's tons and tons of gluten-free/cf junk food you can get....cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls, donuts, candy... Ironically, you usually have to get it at the health food store, or order it online. There's not many options there at the regular grocery store (I don't think).

Yea we make a trip out to Wild Oats 1 once a month or 2... but knid of need more mainstream options.