This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

House Tv Show Will Feature Celiac Disease

irish

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Yay!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
debmidge Rising Star

TV Guide for 5/9 describes the House episode as : Foreman returns to work, but his mental acuity isn't what is was; a mother almost drowns her baby in the bathtub. NEW

jenvan Collaborator

Hope its the foreman that has Celiac and not the mom! Don't want us to get a bad rap :)

kabowman Explorer

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have missed tonight's part II and I taped last nights show so guess we will watch part I, then watch and tape part II right after part I, since my boys will be with their dad and will miss it tonight.

VydorScope Proficient

Im confused.. when is part 1 and when is part 2???

JenAnderson Rookie

Hey.....I thought that the Celiac episode was going to be on 5/09......Does the episode that came on last night (5/02) have anything to do with the one next week? Am I missing something? :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

Vincent and Jeny--Last night was part 1 of a 2 part episode that concludes tonight at 8 PM eastern. Next week, 5/9 is the episode dealing with Celiac.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JenAnderson Rookie

Ahhh ok thanks.. ;)

VydorScope Proficient

oh good!!! I still ahve time to miss it then ! Phew! :D:lol:

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Vincent, you are a hoot!

I missed last night's episode (kinda busy around here :unsure: ) Can someone give me a rundown of what Part 1 was about so I won't be so clued out tonight?

Thanks!

Karen

plantime Contributor
TV Guide for 5/9 describes the House episode as : Foreman returns to work, but his mental acuity isn't what is was; a mother almost drowns her baby in the bathtub. NEW

If it is Foreman that has it, and this week's two-parter refers to him getting sick, then all three episodes are actually tied in together. I hope it's not the mother that almost drowns her baby! Foreman having it would actually be good, then maybe they could continue the storyline through successive episodes, and maybe would understand more about us! Especially if they showed Foreman having to be extremely careful of cross-contamination!

jerseyangel Proficient

Karen--A policeman was shot, and came to the ER with strange additional symptoms that the team tried to figure out. Dr Foreman went to the guy's appt. (that was a pigsty) and collected samples to check for toxins, etc. Dr Foreman begins to show signs of the same illness and is put into a quarantined room with the policeman, who is dying a painful death. The policeman dies, and Dr Foreman is scared to death he is next.

Hope everything is settling down a bit at your house! :)

Mango04 Enthusiast

I'm starting to really dislike this Dr Foreman guy...

tiffjake Enthusiast
Vincent, you are a hoot!

I missed last night's episode (kinda busy around here :unsure: ) Can someone give me a rundown of what Part 1 was about so I won't be so clued out tonight?

Thanks!

Karen

Sure! It was weird! A cop was acting high while arresting a thug, and the thug shot him, but the bullet hit his badge ( I think ) and deflected to his temple (so the shot didn't kill him) and he was laying on the ground laughing histaricly (sp?). House didnt see why he would be laughing like that, so he sent the three muskateer's to work. Forman checked out the cops apartment (which included a secret pot house!). They ran "tests" and found nothing wrong with the guy, and not really anything in the apartment or his work. So when the guy got worse, house wanted to do an MRI.

But the cop had a bullet in his brain. So house went to the mourge (sp? again, trying to type this up fast) and shot a corpse in the head and tried to do an MRI on the corpse (to see if the magnet would pull out the bullet) and it did! It was gross. So no MRI for the cop, or the bullet pulling out of his head would kill him. And Forman was laughing at it, and that tipped everyone off that it was not normal for him to be laughing. So they secluded him in a clean room with the cop. And when Cameron went in to draw blood from Forman (she was in a clean suit, you know, all plastic with a hood and O2 supply) he was trying to get her to go back to the apartment, because Forman figures that it has to be something at the apartment b/c he got sick, and he was the one that went to the apartment.

She tells him that House won't let them go back (because look! Forman is sick!) and Forman takes the dirty needle that she just used to draw his blood, and stick her in the leg, breaking the barrier, and exposing her to the mysterious disease. So she goes back to the apartment "to find out what it is, not for Forman, but for me, because now I will get sick" but house shows up outside the apartment b/c he knows all! LOL

So House and Cameron think it has something to do with bird poop and the pot stash, but Chase proves that theory wrong, and the cop crashes and Forman is trying to use the paddles to save him, and then you get the "to be continued"!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew......

(edited, I had "chase" where "cameron" should be LOL

elonwy Enthusiast

Chase is actually the aussie guy, the girl is Cameron. My friend is actually poker buddies with both of those actors, and I got to meet Hugh Laurie a couple weeks ago, which was awesome. ( and slightly heart pounding)

:)

Elonwy

tiffjake Enthusiast
Chase is actually the aussie guy, the girl is Cameron. My friend is actually poker buddies with both of those actors, and I got to meet Hugh Laurie a couple weeks ago, which was awesome. ( and slightly heart pounding)

:)

Elonwy

Oops! Sorry about that! LOL I was trying to type and remember fast! LOL

And that is neato!!! Where do you live? Just wondering where that show is shot. I thought it was in Canada.

elonwy Enthusiast

Nope, its here in LA. The exterior overheads are somewhere else, not sure where, but all the stuff with the actors is done on a sound stage here. Hugh and Jesse ( Chase) relocated to here for the time being, and Cameron has been living here. I work at USC and Brain Singer is an SC grad, so they all came down to talk about the show. It was fun, you can tell they all really like eachother and have fun on set.

Jesse is REALLY cute in person, even cuter than on TV.

Elonwy

VydorScope Proficient
Forman takes the dirty needle that she just used to draw his blood, and stick her in the leg, breaking the barrier,

And he gets to go back to work as a doctor????? Ugh! (yes I know its just TV...)

Mango04 Enthusiast
And he gets to go back to work as a doctor????? Ugh! (yes I know its just TV...)

I know!!! grr! :rolleyes:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Does anyone know if you can watch this online?

jaten Enthusiast

Ok, those of you who watched last night's episode, (Wed., nite). Did you see the previews for next week? I'm not sure how Celiac is going to tie in with what I saw in the previews. I hope we're not excited for nothing. Anyone?

Guest nini
Ok, those of you who watched last night's episode, (Wed., nite). Did you see the previews for next week? I'm not sure how Celiac is going to tie in with what I saw in the previews. I hope we're not excited for nothing. Anyone?

possibly because of the seizures... seizures was one of my symptoms. For many years I was dx'ed with non specific seizure disorder. When I was 14 after having surgery to remove a tumor in my skull, I was also tested for epilepsy and had to be on seizure meds for a long time. I didn't have epilepsy so they couldn't figure out why I was having seizures. whenever I get accidentally glutened one of the first symptoms to come back is the seizures. They are really scary.

TCA Contributor

Just a thought. OUr local chapter of the Gluten Intolerance Group is ogin to air an ad durinthe show to invite folks to our meetings. Thought you might want to do the same.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I'm starting to wonder if the main storyline isn't actually going to be about Celiac. Maybe it'll just tie into one of the subplots...like a girl walks in with a stomach ache and House tells her to stop eating gluten. the end. lol. I hope it's not something like that but you never know..

jaten Enthusiast
possibly because of the seizures... seizures was one of my symptoms. For many years I was dx'ed with non specific seizure disorder. When I was 14 after having surgery to remove a tumor in my skull, I was also tested for epilepsy and had to be on seizure meds for a long time. I didn't have epilepsy so they couldn't figure out why I was having seizures. whenever I get accidentally glutened one of the first symptoms to come back is the seizures. They are really scary.

I am so sorry for you, nini. That must have been really scary. I've heard of people having seizures with gluten, but didn't know that was a symptom you had. I think the only reason I ever got diagnosed was because my body decided to take the "classic celiac symptoms" route. If celiac is affecting the lady they showed with seizures on the preview, that would certainly open the door to the show's story being able to disclose the many varied and seemingly unrelated symptoms that celiac can cause. I know GIG NA did consulting for the show, I just really, really hope the show does a good job for us. I want a sneak peek :)

Archived