This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

House Tv Show Will Feature Celiac Disease

irish

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

Thanx!

I found it... can't wait to see it on dish TV.

I've called everyone I know to tune in...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
megsylvan2 Apprentice

Thanks for posting this thread again now to remind us all to watch the House episode tonight at 9:00 about Celiac.

VydorScope Proficient

Hey I was wondering, does anyone know if theres gonna be a celiac episode of House?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hey I was wondering, does anyone know if theres gonna be a celiac episode of House?

Okay, is this a trick question? You're on east coast time.... :blink:

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I am watching, hmmm.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I betcha Cuddy has it!!!! I bet it has nothing to do with the mother, it's Cuddy who thinks she has cancer but it turns out to be celiac!!!! (Guessing here........)

Karen

Guhlia Rising Star

What about the father who got "dizzy" and threw up in the stairs?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Yes, I don't think the main family has anything to do with Celiacs.

Guhlia Rising Star

It's that main lady! Isn't it? Her stomach hurts...

Who else is disappointed?

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Just watching it, it has to do with a mom and baby that have celiac and the complications that can occur. It was actually quite sad, but it's on tonight.

Well, I want to know how many of us have had those complications?

Smunkeemom Enthusiast

It was on tonight, and I am so glad that I recorded it!!!! It was so good.

I am expecting about 40 phone calls tomorrow about "isn't that what your girls have?" LOL oh, well, can't ask for better awareness than to be on a show that a lot of people watch.

Yeah, but what most of us have wouldn't make an exciting show though......

I personally am quite happy that they featured it, even though it made it out to be a really obscure complication of celiac....... They did a good explanation of not absorbing, etc. etc.......

Karen

penguin Community Regular

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!?!

The baby was on meds for what, a week, max? With a *little* wheat starch as a binder and he has flat villi?

How did they know the celiac came from her? Why didn't they do a blood test?

What were they doing giving a baby that small oral potassium anyway?

She has the rare intestinal lymphoma with no other classic symptoms?

And what was the psychosis all about?!?!

mommida Enthusiast

That was one of the hardest things to watch. How heartbreaking. My husband said ,"thank God we didn't have to go through anything like that to get diagnosed.

As for those complications... I have brain calcifications, and have bled excessively after surgery (vitamin K defiency) my breast fed infant had symptoms, but wasn't diagnosed until she was 17 months.

L.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!?!

The baby was on meds for what, a week, max? With a *little* wheat starch as a binder and he has flat villi?

How did they know the celiac came from her? Why didn't they do a blood test?

What were they doing giving a baby that small oral potassium anyway?

She has the rare intestinal lymphoma with no other classic symptoms?

And what was the psychosis all about?!?!

No. Chase came in saying the baby had "slight villous atrophy". So celiac was in it's early stages for the baby, but full blown for the mom. The mom could have been an asymptomatic celiac, there are many out there......

Karen

I thought it was going to really be about Celiacs and not a bunch of stuff happening to someone who also finds out she and her baby have it. I think the show will confuse people about what are symptoms are.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

first time i watched the show...it sucked..sorry for the blunt responce..but can't believe GIG helped with this.

Good Grief...I just think it was a shame when we finally get celiac out there well still look like weird-o nutcases...but hey, I not a loyal fan...so just put my opinion in the 'circular file'

judy in philly

Guest nini

how many of us have had those complications? well not to that extreme, but YES, resounding yes... I had those symptoms... I would say that they took it to the extreme on the show and very very sad indeed, but OMG, I certainly could relate... I got very sick during my pregnancy, then after sunk into PPD and anxiety and was having seizures... my hubby said that he could see similarities in what I went through and her story, BUT her story is much more extreme. I think the show HOUSE always pushes it to the extreme anyway, it wouldn't be interesting if it was run of the mill Celiac, now would it!

mommida Enthusiast

Kinda upset it makes us HOT CELIAC Chicks look totally mental, and questionable mothers.

L.

jaten Enthusiast

They did do a decent but very brief job of explaining the malabsorption. I'm disappointed. I really wish Celiac had not been portrayed as causing baby-killing psychosis. How often do you hear of that. And yet, what does it make the unelightened think? Celiacs are nutcases.

I'm not.

ebrbetty Rising Star

stress causes celiac? what the hell was that?

I'm disappointed...it made it seem more like alcoholics get celiac disease or crazy ppl!

I am not talking about those symptoms, Nini. Lots of people get the anxiety and seizures but how many of us hear voices and harm other people? They shouldn't have mixed it in with her other problems.

stress causes celiac? what the hell was that?

I'm disappointed...it made it seem more like alcoholics get celiac disease or crazy ppl!

I think he said that stress "triggers" celiac (I could be mistaken, but that's what I thought I heard), and that statement is absolutely 100% true.

Karen

Archived