• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

mary w

Bread Machine

Rate this topic

Can you recommend a bread machine? If so, why that brand and what "flour" mix do you use. Any tips on making bread would also be appreciated. Should I even bother getting a bread machine? Are the costs the same store brand vs. home made?

Thanks in advance for any info you share.

Mary

I have a Zojirushi and love it. It is heavy duty and has 2 paddles. I have never made bread without a bread machine and am not a baker, other than cookies, so I needed it. I use Gluten-Free Pantry's Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix for bread.....it is awesome and reminds me of my Grandma's bread.

Hope this helps!

Ditto Wolfie's post. Zojirushi! I like Gluten-Free Pantry's Favorite Sandwich Bread a lot. Right now Pamela's Amazing Wheat Free Bread mix is my favorite (GFP bread above is a close 2nd imo)

I just bought a Breadman Ultimate at Sears for $99.00 and it has a Gluten Free setting. Not only that, but the recipe booklet includes great Gluten-Free recipes, too.

I've been quite busy since I bought it, so I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but others who have say the bread it just wonderful.

Good luck.

Helen.

Last week I bought the Cuisinart bread machine w/ gluten free setting. It was $99. I havent gotten to try it out yet though...I ordered some mixes from Miss Roben's allergy site so I'm waiting for them to arrive before I break in my machine. I cant use any of the mixes I've found in the stores because of corn intolerance.