This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Whole Kitchen Taquitos (whole Foods) - gluten-free?

killernj13

killernj13 Enthusiast

Does anyone know if Whole Kitchen Taquitos are gluten-free? The only ingredient that is suspicious is chicken broth. I emailed Whole Foods are have not received a reply.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Laura Apprentice

Don't know about that brand, but the Trader Joe's ones are. Or were last time I bought them - they were, then they weren't (or were at least suspicious, but were still on the gluten-free foods list at the stores and I talked to an assistant manager about it one time) and then they were again. So you have to keep reading ingredients, but if you get bad news about the Whole Foods ones and just want some taquitos, try Trader Joe's.

Guest nini

I "think" they are... but always check... and I think maybe only the chicken ones are...

oh and the Delimex ones I thought those were supposed to be gluten-free, but the last ones I checked out were not... is this true for all Delimex taquitos now or was it just that flavor? (don't remember what flavor)...

Becky6 Enthusiast

The chicken ones are ok. We just ate them last week. They are on their gluten-free list if you go to their website.

flagbabyds Collaborator

yeah the chicken delimex i think are gluten-free

killernj13 Enthusiast
The chicken ones are ok. We just ate them last week. They are on their gluten-free list if you go to their website.

Becky,

Were you saying the Whole Foods taqitos were gluten-free or the Delimex ones? Just a little confused.

Thanks,

penguin Community Regular

DELIMEX PRODUCTS

UPC CODE: PRODUCT NAME:

1769600012 Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600018 Tamales, 12 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600019 Tamales, 12 ct. Delimex Chicken & Cheese

1769600020 Taquitos, 24 ct. Smart & Final Beef

1769600024 Tamales, 6 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600028 Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600029 Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600048 Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600095 Taquitos, 12 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600096 Taquitos, 12 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600133 Taquitos, 22 ct. Schwan's Beef w/ Salsa

1769600155 Tamales, 15 ct. Costco Beef

1769600159 Tamales, 20 ct. Delimex Beef, Costco

1769600180 Taquitos, 60 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600186 Taquitos, 60 ct. Sam's Club Beef

1769600189 Taquitos, 60 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600206 Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Beef

1769600207 Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Chicken & Cheese

1769600214 Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex 3-Cheese

1769600222 Tamales, 6 ct. Schwan's Beef

1769600481 Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Beef (Mexico Import)

1769600500 Taquitos, Delimex Beef / Deli-Pak

1769600505 Taquitos, Mini, 40 ct. Beef, Snacker Tray w/ salsa

1769600554 Tamales, Cheese Deli Bulk Pack

1769600555 Tamales, Chicken Deli Bulk Pack

1769600556 Tamales, Beef Deli Bulk Pack

1769600565 Tamales, 20 ct.Beef, Sams Club

1769600684 Taquitos, 66 ct. Costco Beef

1769600685 Taquitos, 66 ct. Costco Chicken

1769601208 Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Cheese & Green Chiles

That's an 11/05 list

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ebrbetty Rising Star

I don't know what they are..are they spicy?

Lillyth Explorer

What is this "Delimex" of which you all speak? ;)

GreySaber Apprentice
I don't know what they are..are they spicy?

I'm pretty sure they things under discussion are like mini burritos.

plantime Contributor
What is this "Delimex" of which you all speak? ;)

"Delimex" is the brand name of my favorite taquitos. I buy them at Wal Mart, in the frozen foods bins near the meat display. Yes, they are spicy, but not too hot.

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks

swittenauer Enthusiast

Oh, we love those Delimex Taquitos. I'm not gluten free but my husband is but I take them for lunch a couple of times a week. We get them at either Krogers or Sams Club. They are awesome.

Archived