• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lister

Kettels *warning Misleading Bags* Maybe

Rate this topic

so after surfing around on the kettle website i found out that most of there chips are gluton free wheat free and even dairy free so i had my girlfriend go out and get me a bag of my favorite chips Kettles Sea Salt and Vinager, now on there website its called Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinager- im not sure if it was just a name change or if its a all together change with the chips the bag i got is not called balsamic here are the ingrediants-

Select Russet Potatoes, Expeller pressed high monounsaturated safflower and/ or sunflower oil, Vinegar powder(maltodextrin, distilled white vinegar), sea salt, citric acid, maltodextrin

are these chips safe or should i just give them to my girlfriend

so after surfing around on the kettle website i found out that most of there chips are gluton free wheat free and even dairy free so i had my girlfriend go out and get me a bag of my favorite chips Kettles Sea Salt and Vinager, now on there website its called Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinager- im not sure if it was just a name change or if its a all together change with the chips the bag i got is not called balsamic here are the ingrediants-

Select Russet Potatoes, Expeller pressed high monounsaturated safflower and/ or sunflower oil, Vinegar powder(maltodextrin, distilled white vinegar), sea salt, citric acid, maltodextrin

are these chips safe or should i just give them to my girlfriend

I would trust them. The maltodextrin would be most likely made from corn unless otherwise stated, and the distilled white vinegar is safe, it is malt vinegar that is bad.

Chips are my favorite way to keep my weight up :D I eat Ruffles. Even my car is the color of a Ruffles bag (not intentionally) ... my husband thinks I should be their spokesperson, but somehow I don't think the general public would think increasing weight was a good thing! Enjoy your chips!

I ate them, the baked ones, quite a bit before my diagnosis. When I called to confirm gluten-free--they were pretty shady about cross-contamination and told me they weren't sure if their products were safe or not. I ended up deciding to not eat them anymore...which was sad b/c I loved them. I might try them again someday...There response seems better than the one I got a year ago. Their statement is below: (These types of situations you just have to decide for yourself what companies you trust on CC and what ones you don't.)

Are your products gluten free?

Our products are processed on equipment shared with ingredients that contain very small amounts of wheat. We thoroughly clean our lines after each flavor run, but there is a slight potential of cross contamination. For your convenience we do list all ingredients on the packaging.

Hmm, that's disappointing. I usually only eat the "Natural" ones from the health food section. I am very sensitive to a small amount of gluten and have not had a problem with them yet. I wonder if they run the natural ones on the same lines as the regular ones. Since the natural version does not come in different flavors, maybe they don't have the same problem.

I found this on the page that lists the gluten-free Frito-Lay products, good news about STAX:

Our LAY’S