• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

wolfie

Ore Ida Steak Fries....gluten-free Or Not?

Rate this topic

Okay, I saw that Heinz has a gluten-free list and does list the Ore Ida Steak Fries, but they are the 3.75 lb bag, not the 28 oz bag. I didn't realize this when I was at the store. The sku or plu number is not the same either. I don't see any possible gluten containing ingredients, though. Here they are (label does say "Contains Soy":

Potatoes, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean, sunflower, canola, soybean and/or cottonseed), salt, dextrose, disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate, annatto (vegetable color).

Anyone know?

TIA!!!

Thanks Patti!

I juse went to their website and they don't list any steak fries now! :blink: I am very confused. I skipped them for tonight, but am going to call them tomorrow to double check. My kids can at least eat them if I can't. Boy, I was really looking forward to them too.

UPDATE: Spoke with Ore-Ida/Heinz today and they confirmed that they are not on the gluten-free list, but she couldn't tell me why. They don't contain wheat, so it must be barley in the flavoring? There aren't any spices or flavorings listed, unless "disodium dihydrogen pyrophosphate" is one. Anyway, I am taking them back to the store to exchange for the crinkle fries that are gluten-free.....LOL!!

Thanks Patti...me too!!! That could have made me nice and miserable! LOL!!