Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VydorScope

Paint Called Temper Or Somthing?

HI,

My son's Sunday school teacher asked me about a brand of paint called temper or somthing (knew I should have written it down..) its for finger painting... anyone know what she might of told me, and if its gluten-free?

THanks! :blink:

Here is a picture on a site who sells all kinds of kid's stuff, including pre-school tempera paints.

Tempera paint

Of course, that doesn't answer your question if it's gluten-free or not. I have no idea.

I tried to find 'the' manufacturer, but there are many different kinds of makes of tempera paint. You need to find out what the school uses, and call the manufacturer.

Well thanks anyways, I'll call them and get more info. I was hoping Tempora was the brand...

Nope, tempera is a type of paint, and originally contained egg yolks, pigment, and binding agents. I taught art to children for a few years, used TONS of tempera, I don't think it contains eggs any more but not sure. And I didn't know anything about gluten at that time...I am sure, like most other bulk paints now, that it is largely chemical in makeup. Just find out the brand.

Good luck -

Susan