• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

minibabe

Rothmann's Steak House

Rate this topic

So I took my boyfriend out for his birthday (yesterday). I wanted to go to this steakhouse that I had been to once before and I called them about a week ago and spoke with the chef and everything seemed really great. So we get there and the chef comes out and sees me and asks me if I would like to walk through the back and goes over everything once again. I told him no and that I trusted his word, so it came time to ordering and the waitor was execellent and he informed the chef that it was my order when it went it.

It turned out to be a wonderful evening. At the end of the meal the chef came back out and I said that he now had to get a dessert for celiac's to eat. And he said that he would speak to his pastry chef about it and he would see what he could do.

I ended up eating the:

Cesear Salad (no croutons)

Sirlion steak

steamed brocolli

baked potatoe

My BF had

Cesear Salad

Filet w/ some sort of cheese topping

potatoe croket (spelling?)

I tryed a piece of his steak which was wonderful

This is just a perfect example that you can go anywhere just as long as you call ahead. I cant wait to go back and see if they have an dessert and bread!

Amanda NY

Good to know! I used to eat at Rothmann's a lot before I was diagnosed. I had no idea that they were celiac friendly but their service has always been top notch so it doesn't surprise me. Their Porterhouse for two is heavenly. I must go back...

Good to hear you guys had a great time.

There is another steakhouse near you that I had a similar positive experience. Pace's. We went there for DH's holiday dinner for work back in December.

http://www.pacessteakhouse.com/

I didn't find them that helpful when I called on the phone ahead of time so I was a little worried, but when I got there the experience was wonderful. They double and triple checked everything for me and practically sat down with me to go over everything I could and couldn't have. Because it was a holiday party they had pre-arranged for a plate of all the different appetizers to be brought to the table. The manager brought me out my own seperate plate of the ones I could eat... without me even asking. Same thing come dessert time. They brought me out this enormous plate of fruit and ice cream. They couldn't have been nicer and the food was delicious!!!

Yeah Pace's is right by me. Actually we have been meaning to get there becasue someone we know singings there on one of the nights.

I was worried to go there but now that you went.....Its worth a shot! :)

Thanks

Amanda NY