• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

it is almost an year since i m diagonsed with celiac.im getting pain in my legs below knees for more than one n a half month. initially i thought it'd go away with some time. but it didn't . i cant run as fast as i used to run normally.i started jogging on a treadmill as i thought it'd be some kind of weakness. but im not getting any relief even its more than three weeks since i'd started jogging.Anybody can tell me why i've got this pain. n how can i get rid of this.

it is almost an year since i m diagonsed with celiac.im getting pain in my legs below knees for more than one n a half month. initially i thought it'd go away with some time. but it didn't . i cant run as fast as i used to run normally.i started jogging on a treadmill as i thought it'd be some kind of weakness. but im not getting any relief even its more than three weeks since i'd started jogging.Anybody can tell me why i've got this pain. n how can i get rid of this.

Have you been following a strictly gluten-free diet? You might be more sensitive now if you're mostly off of gluten but still ingesting some. Also you might be vitamin or mineral deficient. You should definitely work with a doctor and a nutritionist on this. Pain isn't weakness. It's your body saying something is wrong and needs specific attention.

Another option is that you are getting shin splints from jogging on the treadmill and you need to stretch out more. I had this problem when I started racewalking. I think it might be from mineral deficiency, esp. magnesium, but I would get hellish pain in my shins even though my aerobic capacity was fine. I hadn't been stretching enough after workouts. Try walking for ten minutes before you start jogging and then stretching really well afterwards. Racewalking books, especially Dave McGovern's Complete Guide to Racewalking, have great stretches and good guides on building aerobic strength.