• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Texas Celiac

gluten-free Cookbook

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum a week ago and am learning so much!!

I am considering buying 2 books. One is a cookbook by Bette Hagman titled Gluten Free Gourmet-Cooks Comfort Foods:Creating Old Favorites With New Flours and the other book is titled Celiac Disease - The Hidden Epidemic by Peter H.R. Green and Rory Jones.

Has anyone heard of these books? Would you recommend them. I want a cookbook so I can learn to cook basically the same foods we have enjoyed that are gluten-free and taste the same.

Texas Celiac

I have Dangerous Grains on hold @ the library and also saw that they have a couple of Bette Hagman cookbooks too that I want to request.. can you check it out at the library first and then buy?

A cookbook that I rented that has some great recipes and I'll probably buy is "The Incredible Edible Gluten Free Food for Kids by Sheri L. Sanderson.

The Incredible Edible Gluten Free Cookbook for Kids is AMAZING!!! Every single thing that I've made from that book tastes EXACTLY like the "real" thing. I'm very impressed. It's the only gluten free cookbook that I've bought, and the only gluten free cookbook I'll ever need. It's great!

I tried some of the recipes in the Bette Hagman book and I wasn't really impressed. It was the first book I bought and I tried to make some bread from her recipe and flour mixture and it was really gross. I like the books by Jax Peters Lowell (Against the Grain and The Gluten Free Bible).

Ditto on the recommendation for Incredible Edible Gluten-Free Food for Kids. It's the first cookbook I bought after my son was diagnosed.