• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

OK, I am not trying to find a weight loss shake. While I could stand to lose weight, I'm just trying to find something quick in case I get stuck somewhere and I get hypoglycemic and can't get a meal.

I tried the Boost high protein, but it made me REALLY sick. :ph34r: Too much milk protein at once, I think, or drinking it fast was a bad idea. Either way I'm not drinking it again.

I'm looking for more of a soy base if I can find one. Yes, I know soy may be bad for me, but it's not an everyday thing, and eliminating soy is not a priority for me right now.

Slim fast won't guarantee any of their products as gluten-free, but does anyone drink them without problems?

I really need a shelf stable meal-replacement shake.

Thanks! :)

Aren't some of the carnation instant breakfast things ok? I know some of them come in cans. You would have to call and check on the gluten-free status, but it's worth a shot.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Guest nini

I also saw some "Healthy Mom" shakes in the baby aisle that were labeled gluten-free... you don't have to be a mom to drink them, they are just extra energy type shakes, helpful for any woman...

I drink Slim Fast Rich Chocolate Royale Optima shakes with no problem. I buy the 30-pack at Sam's Club. I need something to grab on the run when I have to work opening at the store, and this takes care of the hunger until I can get a meal. It doesn't give me the "sugar shakes" like candy bars do.

I also saw some "Healthy Mom" shakes in the baby aisle that were labeled gluten-free... you don't have to be a mom to drink them, they are just extra energy type shakes, helpful for any woman...

Where did you find those?