• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Eric

Friday's The Big Wedding Day !

Rate this topic

Well, my big day has finally arrived. My fiance and I will be traveling from Tulsa, OK to Colorado. We have lots of gluten-free food packed for the road trip. I need some help on some easy food items that can be picked up at any gas station or small town grocery store. Also, would like some help on some fast food locations that people have had success with. I would like to thank all of you for all the help you have provided on this message board. I usually get my question answered without even asking. There is tons of great information on the board. Thanks, Eric

For gas station food, the only thing that i would trust would be frito lay chips, that's the only thing that i get at gas stations on road trips.

Congrats!

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest nini

check out Frito Lay's website for their list of gluten-free snacks

also certain candies like Skittles, M&M's, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and plain Hershey's bars

fast food restaurants... I usually have luck with McDonalds, I get a side salad, a burger without the bun (I make sure they get a fresh one and put it in a box), apple dippers (yes the caramel is safe), and either water, Coke or a milkshake. Their complete gluten-free menu list can be found on their website

Wendy's also has a gluten-free list on their website, I usually get a plain baked potato and a small chili and pour the chili over the potato, or a broccoli cheddar potato...

a little research will help you a long way, find out what restaurants are in the area you will be at and don't hesitate to contact them ahead of time to see if they can accomodate you. Yes there is always a risk of cross contamination and hidden glutens, just be as clear as you can be in your requests to servers, when in doubt ask to speak to the chef. Don't let the fear of being glutened keep you from having a great trip!

I appreciate the information. I have eaten at several Wendy's and have not had any complications as of yet. I have not ventured to McDonalds yet, but I suppose I will give it a try next week. Thanks for all the good tips.