• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

marja

Goint On Vacation To Florida And The Smokeys And Looking For

Rate this topic

Hi

Im looking for a lot of advice:we are going on vacation to florida and the smokeys(gatlinburg)with our kids ofcourse. 2 of them are gluten-free ,one with celiac and the other autism so does anybody now some restaurants that are oke and childfriendly for gluten-free kids and to which stores ca I go for breadmix and cake mix etc and other gluten-free foods?

We are living on Aruba and a lot of things like breadmix and cake mix I have is from Schar...

thanks for aLL the advice allready!

Wow, if you were gonna be on the other side of the Smokies mountains in Asheville, you'd have a lot more options. Being a bit of a hippie town, folks are way more atuned to the whole culture of natural foods and accomodating food allergies.

Wow, if you were gonna be on the other side of the Smokies mountains in Asheville, you'd have a lot more options. Being a bit of a hippie town, folks are way more atuned to the whole culture of natural foods and accomodating food allergies.

Yip,we've planned everything allready and the kids love the area fo gatlinburg...but there has to be something what is possible with small kids? Aren.t there any healthy stores or something?

Strangely enough I just started a topic on Gatlinburg also. We are also going to FL in June to Disney World & to Atlanta GA for a few days so you read my mind. Vacations always make me wonder what in the world we are going to eat or where we are going to eat.

We have Season passes to Dollywood and take day trips to the area. We usually pack our food for the day but there is an Outback there.

I haven't been to this store but I did a search on co-op's and found this grocery store in Gatlinburg. You might contact them to see what they have available. Who knows maybe they can order things for you.

http://www.greenpeople.org/webpage.cfm?lin...3625&pmtlevel=0

I also noticed a store called EVERYTHING NATURAL HEALTH FOOD in Sevierville. I don't know anything about this store either but it might be worth a shot.

If you travel by way of Knoxville to Gatlinburg, they are several stores in that area and resturants including, PF Chang's, Outback and Bonefish Grill.

Hope you have a great trip! :)

grrtch-Love Asheville!

Oh Asheville rocks!

but in Knoxville, you can find Earthfare which has a branch in here in Athens. Because mine does, assuming that they also have a gluten-free cookie section as well as several other safe eats.

Oh Asheville rocks!

but in Knoxville, you can find Earthfare which has a branch in here in Athens. Because mine does, assuming that they also have a gluten-free cookie section as well as several other safe eats.

we just came back and because of the fact that we were staying in a timeshare we were able to cook and found some gluten-free also Bob Mill's at the Korger supermarket in Pigeon Forge!And of course a lot of BBQ things. In gatlinburg there is a small store with healthy food and one piece of rice pasta (after me they were out of stock!) We didn't went out for dinner because our son had a lot of gluten-free problems from our trip and we want to go safe