• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Moongirl

Do You Feel Safe Coloring Your Hair

Rate this topic

I started this as another question in the product forum.

I am going to get my hair done at my salon for the first time since my DX. I need to get it toned down, its a semi permanent color. And it does have a wheat protein, a few places/people i asked said that they get their hair colored all the time at the salon with no ill effect. (with the wheat in the product)

My question is would you feel safe doing it?

Im not quite sure how the color works, would the wheat protein wash off when they rinse the color?

I feel pretty safe, although when it comes to getting my hair done, I think my vanity outweighs my safety.

Last time I got my hair colored, I seemed to be ok. I go to an Aveda salon.

I'm with ChelsE! I have my hair colored and just don't ask questions.....if it does have wheat in it, then I'd just be paranoid and getting my hair colored! :lol: Vanity before comfort.....I wear uncomfortable shoes for that conviction....might as well risk CC once every 6 weeks too! :D

I am someone who is very concerned about this, especially with a semipermanent color that rinses out a bit at a time. I will get a rash and my hair falls out from this sort of thing so I use a verified gluten free product at home when I color. The last time I used Loreal colorspa. I believe a couple of their others are safe but a couple are not. I check with everything. Not worth the risk of long term CC as it rinses out for me.

I am someone who is very concerned about this, especially with a semipermanent color that rinses out a bit at a time. I will get a rash and my hair falls out from this sort of thing so I use a verified gluten free product at home when I color. The last time I used Loreal colorspa. I believe a couple of their others are safe but a couple are not. I check with everything. Not worth the risk of long term CC as it rinses out for me.

You get a rash?? Do you have a skin reaction to wheat maybe? In your case i would be cautious, but ive never had a problem with color before. so im kinda torn as to what to do???

I don't know if my color is gluten-free or not, but I haven't had a reaction. I do get a rash on my scalp if I use a shampoo with wheat in it; I don't really know why as I thought we had to ingest the gluten for a reaction.