• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I found this recipe on the Bob's site after I learned a little bit about coconut flour. Coconut Flour is a fairly new thing (or new to me) and I'm not really sure what to do with it. I found this recipe was just so good that I wanted to share it. I just made them one day and liked them so much that I made them again the next day. Just so flakey and easy! I thought coconut flour sounded yummy, but have found it is not the easiest thing to bake with- if anyone has any tips, please share! You can sub. butter for non-dairy margarine and use soured soy milk instead of buttermilk. (1 cup soy/rice milk plus 1 tsp lemon juice- let sit 5 minutes) ENJOY!!!

Coconut Country Biscuits

Ingredients:

3/4 c. White Rice Flour

1/4 c. Organic Coconut Flour

2 Tbsp. Potato Starch

1 tsp. Sugar

1 Tbsp. Baking Powder

1/4 tsp. Sea Salt

1/4 c. Butter

1/2 c. Buttermilk

Preheat oven to 450°F.

Combine dry ingredients. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles small peas. Stir in buttermilk to form soft dough. Place mixture on top of wax paper and press to 1" thickness. Cut with 2" biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Yields about 9 biscuits.