• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lister

Red Robin

Rate this topic

so im going out of town today and my girlfriend has her heart set on red robin, i am all for going but is there beef 100% or is there additives also are there frys safe i think there not batterd but im prettey sure they have there own seasoning

I went to Red Robin while in Portland, Oregon and I didn't expect anything special. However, when we told them my situation they had a waiter come over who knew how to handle Celiacs. He stuck with us the whole night even though we were't in his section. He said I could even have fries! That usually makes me wary but he was confident that I would not get sick and he was right. I am a vegetarian so I had a salad and french fries. Make sure you talk to the manager and a waiter because you want them to check your food and not just say it's gluten-free. Have fun with your girlfriend!

so i just got back from Red robin and im not that thrilled with how it went. So first off aparently they cook everything in the same fryer so the frys where out of the question which was the main reason for me going. So when the waitress came to the table i explained that i cant have wheat or wheat gluten, so i orderd my burger plain with just lettece and she wanted to know if i wanted a bun.... wow anyways yeah so it was not that great of a time wish i could have had the frys

I have had some of my best gluten-free experiences at Red Robin (2 different ones). The first time they printed out their gluten-free menu for me and told me what I could and couldn't have and cooked my burger in a seperate pan and confirmed that their fries are in a dedicated fryer. I go to my local one all the time now and the manager always checks my food and makes sure that all is okay for me before it comes out.

You may want to write a letter to their corporate office and make them aware of your experience. That way maybe they can educate the staff at that store so if you choose to go back your visit is more pleasant.

Sorry it didn't work out well for you.