• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I was craving an Iced Tea Snapple the ingredients are:Tea water, high Fructose,corn syrup, citric acid , natural flavors... Is there anything wrong with natural flavors or is it only artificial flavors to be warned about? I am so confused by the heavy Glutin Jargon. hehe : ) Any help.. Please Tell me I can drink my snapple. Thank you

I was craving an Iced Tea Snapple the ingredients are:Tea water, high Fructose,corn syrup, citric acid , natural flavors... Is there anything wrong with natural flavors or is it only artificial flavors to be warned about? I am so confused by the heavy Glutin Jargon. hehe : ) Any help.. Please Tell me I can drink my snapple. Thank you

Based on US food labeling laws, products manufactored on or after Jan 1, 2006 will label Wheat in plain english. This also applies to all 8 common allergens: milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, and soy.

BUT the problem for celiacs is that Rye and Barley are not required to be labeled, and *could* be hidden in Natural Flavors. Typically you will see barley as "malt" or "malt flavoring" and rye isn't used all that much.

In short, Natural Flavors can still be a problem due to rye barley and oats. To be 100% sure you need to contact the company that manufactures the product.

Does anyone know if Snapple Spiked Iced tea is safe?  That would be my ultimate summer drink, however have not been able to find out about their vodka - From corn or potato etc, if its safe or if need to stay clear... 

Edited by Slanted_Halo
add more detail

4 hours ago, Slanted_Halo said:

Does anyone know if Snapple Spiked Iced tea is safe?  That would be my ultimate summer drink, however have not been able to find out about their vodka - From corn or potato etc, if its safe or if need to stay clear... 

Never heard of it.  I would just make sure it wasn't a "malted" beverage.  Any distilled beverage is gluten-free as gluten particles are too large to can't get into them.