• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I have used Act II Kettle Korn for microwave popcorn... however, I just ran out and am going to try regular popcorn popped in a brown bag for another option. Trying to cut out as much artificial stuff out of our diets.

There is a few that are gluten-free, but i dont eat them at all.

Just the other day DuPont, the maker of that filmy stuff on the inside of the bag ( i dont remember the technical name) was on the news for hiding the fact that more of the chemical was getting of the popcorn instead of what was originally stated. And it was said that once that chemical is in ur blood stream it stays there for a very very long time....if i can i will try and find the story.

Hmmm..thanks for the replies - does that mean that people don't really eat microwave popcorn? Do you buy it already popped or do you all have air poppers? Does it work to put kernels in a paper bag and microwave that? Thanks!

Hmmm..thanks for the replies - does that mean that people don't really eat microwave popcorn? Do you buy it already popped or do you all have air poppers? Does it work to put kernels in a paper bag and microwave that? Thanks!

You can put 1/3 cup regular popcorn kernels in lunch size brown paper bag, fold over the top (by a 1/2" or so, twice) and staple twice, at least three inches apart) and microwave (approximately 2.5 minutes, but go by sound and it's better to pop less than burn). Because the microwaves are long compared to the size of the staples and the spacing between them, this is safe.

I had a huge craving the other day and popped some Orville Redenbocker Natural. It lists popcorn, soybean oil and salt as the ingredients. I can't beleive I ate the whole thing :rolleyes: but it was SO good!

I also just got a microwave popper from Rubbermaid. YOu just put plain popcorn in and stick it in the microwave. Haven't tried it yet, but my friend has one and loves it.

We have an air popper, but like I said, have used the Act II Kettle Corn. I read that same artice about the filmy stuff and got grossed out. My dd just asked for popcorn so I did it in a brown bag. It worked great, except I put too much in so ended up w/it coming out of the bag. I'm not sure I'm comfortable w/the staples. She's eating it happily right now. :)

I have an air popper and I also have a microwave popcorn popper. It cost me ten bucks at my local grocery store. I think Walmart carries them and Superstore in Canada.

http://www.nordicware.com/b2c/product_cate...at=2&prod_cat=6

I eat popcorn almost every other day. I buy a big bag at Costco.

Jolly Time is good- i eat the Kettle Corn flavor- i think the Butter flavor contains dairy but i am not positive -it is listed on the label. I love popcorn!