• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

jmengert

Warning: New Bare Escentual Mascara Not Gluten Free

Rate this topic

So I've been buying all Bare Escentuals make-up because it is all *supposed* to be gluten free. Well, I just ordered the new Big Tease Mascara, and I received it today, and it has both hydrolyzed wheat protein and hydrolyzed wheat starch.

Ugh.

Just wanted to warn everyone. Keep an eye out on those ingredients--darn it! I was so excited about this mascara!

Thanks!! I was going to try their mascara sometime...but not now.

I use their regular mascara--I was assured by them via email that it was gluten-free. I have it in 2 colors--and have not had a problem. I'm going to email them again and ask if this has changed, or if the wheat is only in certain types of mascara. Jeesh! (Thanks for the heads up!) :)

You're welcome--I didn't want anyone else to waste their money like I have. I've been using the regular mascara with no problems, and last I ordered that (2-3 months ago) it was gluten free, so hopefully that one hasn't changed. I was so excited to try the new stuff, too. They have another new mascara, too, that was out of stock. I wonder if that one has wheat, too....

I am so bummed! BE is the only make-up I use. Of course I don't check the ingredients every time I buy a new powder or mascara. Thanks so much for the notice. This is a good reminder to never assume that the formula hasn't changed. I'll have to go back to reading those ingredients.