• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

bluesky8130

Hope To Go To Dominican Republic Or Cuba

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. We are hoping to go to the Carribean this winter, perhaps Dominican Republic or Cuba. Has anyone had any experiance with traveling to an All Inclusive resort since Celiac Disease? Does anyone have any recommendations?

blue

Hi everyone. We are hoping to go to the Carribean this winter, perhaps Dominican Republic or Cuba. Has anyone had any experiance with traveling to an All Inclusive resort since Celiac Disease? Does anyone have any recommendations?

blue

I do hope there are some people with experiance because we are thinking the same thing but with the experience of the food a couple of years ago when our son was not born at that time we've all had a lot of diarree and we were not even gluten-free! So now with our son with celiac we are also thinking if it's possible to go to an all inclusive resort.

Any way for you it is possible to come to Aruba,we have a couple of All inclusive's and you can email them with diet wishes!

marja

aruba

The basic premise of "all inclusive" always seems to me to be providing the minimum possible.

I used to travel though Tunisia when I worked in Libya (due to the air embargo) and I was often put up in all-inclusive hotels overnight. My experiences were all bad, even not being on the all-inclusive rate and my company paying normal rates... and the people seemed to come from sifferent countries every year, to me it seemed like the attitude was lets rip off these tourists this year and next year advertise in a different country.

If forced between the two I would think Cuba would be better since it has a long standing relationship with Canadian tourists and has one of the worlds best medical systems and standards of education. The main problem we seem to find travelling is often education based.... IMHO

Ok I wanted to open this thread back up and ask if anyone has gone to an all-inclusive resort down south before. I am planning on going to the Dominican Republic and staying at the Ocean Blue & Sand Golf and Beach Resorts. Anyone have any ideas?

We ended up going on a cruise with Carnival because we couldn't get straight answers from anyone.

The cruise was great and very accomodating for my hubby. Each day they provided him with fresh gluten-free bread, he pre-ordered for the next day & recieved "melting chocolate cake" every night for dessert...which tasted just like mine & is heavenly.