This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Who's Celiac Was Triggered By Gallbladder Removal?

shellbean

Ennis-TX Grand Master
50 minutes ago, Momoftrips said:

I noticed my  gluten sensitivity problem started 2 yeats ago after I had my gallbladder removed.  I had to figure it out on my own what my problem was .my sister -who is a nurse practitioner -suggested to me that maybe I am allergic to gluten? I asked her what is gluten ?that was two years ago I have noticed a definite correlation between all my gastrointestinal problems starting after my gallbladder was removed.  as soon as I accidentally ingest gluten my stomach swells up so tight it feels like it will burst have a terrible pain right at the site of where my gall bladder was removed.  I'm so thankful for the site I've learned so much from all of you it is a hard road to travel to try to find things and you can eat that will not make you sick keep posting. I think it gives all of us encouragement! thank you.

First this is a old post please check date, second, are you celiac/been tested? You should probably see about a gluten challenge and testing if you have not. Or are you confirmed to have a gluten/wheat allergy? What kind of testing was done to determine this? Or is it a NCGS gluten issue? Sorry for the questions but different people have different issues and it is a bit hard to address them without more information. Perhaps start a new thread and feel free to introduce yourself. We always welcome new members and are glad to help out. You mention allergy but also mention swelling stomach/gut which is is sometime a celiac reaction generally.

• 11 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Csmcandi Newbie

I was a diabetic type 1..since the age of 23. Two years ago i had to have my gallbladder removed due to 3 stones..its been down hill..i wa diagnosed with Celiac disease 2 months later, and now lactose intolerant.  I dont know what to eat anymore...Im just so lost... can anyone help...Thanks you.

GFinDC Veteran
39 minutes ago, Csmcandi said:

I was a diabetic type 1..since the age of 23. Two years ago i had to have my gallbladder removed due to 3 stones..its been down hill..i was diagnosed with Celiac disease 2 months later, and now lactose intolerant.  I don't know what to eat anymore...I'm just so lost... can anyone help...Thanks you.

Hi,

Meats, veggies, nuts and eggs are good choices.  Starchy veggies like white potatoes and rice are probably bad choices.

It's easier to keep gluten out of your diet if you eat a simple diet with limited ingredients.  Baked goods especially store bought ones are usually loaded with extra sugar and carbs that we don't need.  A paleo style diet might be a good choice for you.

There are almond milks available in stores.  And also diary free cheese subs.

Ennis-TX Grand Master
5 hours ago, Csmcandi said:

I was a diabetic type 1..since the age of 23. Two years ago i had to have my gallbladder removed due to 3 stones..its been down hill..i wa diagnosed with Celiac disease 2 months later, and now lactose intolerant.  I dont know what to eat anymore...Im just so lost... can anyone help...Thanks you.

T1 is common in Celiacs, same with lactose intolerance which might resolve later. The enzymes to break down lactose are produced by the villi which are damaged/destroyed by celiac. Going gluten free might fix this, but some like me keep the issues. I also do not have sugar or carbs for both another AI disease and the fact they spike my blood sugar.

Simple meals, omelettes, stews, chili, soup, baked/grilled meats, etc. A paleo based diet with limits on fruits and starchy veggies is a good idea. Keto works for me and some T2s but with T1 you will have to talk to a doctor.
 I have found sugar free and low carb alternatives to most foods, dairy free cheeses, etc. Heck even, pizza, nachos, breads, muffins, and cakes are still on my menu...just different versions. If you need help I can point you at brands, products, recipes.

Archived