• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

lorka150

gluten-free/cf Seasonal Allergy Relief...

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of any gluten-free/casein free seasonal allergy relief? Benedryl makes me tired, and I don't know any more. Claritin, I just checked, has lactose. I can hardly swallow! PLEASE! :D

Does anyone know of any gluten-free/casein free seasonal allergy relief? Benedryl makes me tired, and I don't know any more. Claritin, I just checked, has lactose. I can hardly swallow! PLEASE! :D

Yes... Claritin , heres thier offical answer to me..

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for your interest in Claritin.

All forms of Claritin are naturally gluten free.

The Claritin Reditabs, Children's Claritin Syrup, and Claritin-D 24 hour are milk/casein free. The Claritin Allergy, Claritin Hives Relief, and Claritin-D 12 hour formulas contain milk or lactose.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Jim

Claritin Consumer Relations

Very expensive though, so Im looking for other gluten-free/CF options still...

Thank you! I checked Clartin Allergy, and that's why I saw the lactose. I hope they have it Canada! I'll go check. Also, on their website there is a coupon (for Americans...) if that helps out.

Someone here posted not too long ago that Wal Mart's version of "claritan" was gluten-free. It my be worth checking to see if it was also casein free--much cheaper.

Amlost anything has to be cheaper then the $1-$2 a pill for Claratin!!!

THanks for the tip, I prbly should check on Krogers version to...

Okay, it's not available in Canada.

okay, I got the children's one, because I am tiny anyways.

but for Canadians: Allergra 24hour says Lactose Free on the box (!), and i am calling on Monday re: if it is for sure gluten-free or not.

you can try one of the lactose free versions :)

okay, I got the children's one, because I am tiny anyways.

but for Canadians: Allergra 24hour says Lactose Free on the box (!), and i am calling on Monday re: if it is for sure gluten-free or not.

Lactose free and CF are not the same thing, it can be lactose free and still contail milk (casien). Do you know if its casien free?

:) There are no casein derivitaves in the ingredients, but when I call, I was going to make sure of that too! Such a process, eh? I know they are different - but thanks for clarifying for others.

:) There are no casein derivitaves in the ingredients, but when I call, I was going to make sure of that too! Such a process, eh? I know they are different - but thanks for clarifying for others.

Please post when you call what they tell you! :D

yes sir!

I find that if I drink lots of water with a little sprinkle of salt for the electrolytes, I don't get allergies. My non-gluten-intolerant daughter finds the same thing. Doesn't work for my hubby though.

Also, I found that if I supplement quercetin regularly I don't get them. I haven't had to do this this year, just staying hydrated has been enough.

I've had very bad allergies in the past.

All Allegra products are gluten free.

Allegra 24 is casein free.

Is that hte only casein free one?

He could only check one at a time, and had to research each one, so I only asked him about the one that I bought. I know I should have asked about all of them, but I felt bad.