Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lister

Gluten Free Cook Book

I just got my copy of Wheat free, Gluten-free cookbook for kids and busy adults, its full of really great recipes or atleast they look great but they call for alot of already gluten free products, i dont happen to have any heatlthy alternative stores around me and i have no car so i am limited to winco foods and fred meyers. I was wondering if there is any gluten free brand name hot-dogs, elbow macaronie, peanut butter, jam and icecream

also on a side question is bacon ok, was not sure if bacon is prossesed or if its just sliced meat

Hot dogs: Oscar Mayer (bun length are fine... check on the others- most are gluten-free)

Peanut butter: Skippy, Jiff, Reese's...

Ice Cream: Haggen-Dazs (everything except obvious, such as cheesecake, cookies and cream), Edy's has a flavor finder online where you can search for gluten-free flavors, but again most are gluten-free). Vanilla/choc/strawberry almost universally gluten-free.

Macaroni -- no mainstream options--see if they'll order Tinkyada or something for you.

Jelly/jam - most are gluten-free--Smuckers.

Hebrew Nat'l Hotdogs are gluten-free and DF. Also, check to see if there's a Market Day sale near you (marketday.com). They list right on their on-line ordering page what items are gluten-free. Their hot dogs, bacon and ham steaks are - we eat them all the time :D

I noticed none of you mentioned Kraft peanut butter. Isn't it gluten-free? I think it is. Or does that even exist in the States?