Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GravStars

Anxiety As A Main Symptom?

I'm curious as to how many of you with celiac or gluten intolerance had chronic anxiety as a major symptom. And also, was the anxiety noticeable right after consuming gluten -- or was it just generally there most of the time. My anxiety is almost always present to varying degrees, but I haven't noticed it responding immediately to what I eat.

Thanks!

I suffered from anxiety before I was diagnosed. Back then, I had no idea what was wrong with me, and it did not seem to come on after eating--it was just always there. Slowly, over several months gluten-free, it has gotten much better. If I am glutened, it comes back.

Since going gluten-free, anxiety is not a problem for me anymore. Of course I worry, but it is not at all like before. I had anxiety out the you know what.

I also had anxiety before going gluten-free. Along with this, I experienced night terrors. If I heard a noise in the house, I imagined all kinds of things were going to happen. I still suffer from the bathroom anxiety, but the other symptoms are gone.

I had anxiety before going gluten free. Now it comes back whenever I eat something with gluten. I didn't really know how bad it was until it went away. I would lay in my bed forever just worrying about little things. Now I feel much better (as long as I can stay gluten free).