• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I was wondering if someone could help me figure some things out. I am new and I am trying my hardest to educate myself.

Are these safe:

soybean oil

partially hydrogenated soybean

canola oil

Also is Kraft philadelphia plain whipped cream cheese safe?

I was wondering if someone could help me figure some things out. I am new and I am trying my hardest to educate myself.

Are these safe:

soybean oil

partially hydrogenated soybean

canola oil

Safe? if you mean gluten free, yes those are gluten-free. I suggest you print out this list:

http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-28106095775.9b

And keep it with you while in the store it realy helps get you started. :)

Also is Kraft philadelphia plain whipped cream cheese safe?

Dunno for sure, but with Kraft products you just need look at the indgredinets, it will always mention wheat, barly, rye, malt or oats by name if there is any.

Safe? if you mean gluten free, yes those are gluten-free. I suggest you print out this list:

http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-28106095775.9b

And keep it with you while in the store it realy helps get you started. :)

Dunno for sure, but with Kraft products you just need look at the indgredinets, it will always mention wheat, barly, rye, malt or oats by name if there is any.

Thanks for the link! I just printed it out. I''m starting a folder of print outs to keep in my car.

Today I had an ensure drink(nutritional drink) and it said it is gluten free. But I had a reaction after I had it. I just noticed now that the ingredients include soy lecithin and soy protein isolate. So maybe I'm allergic to soy. I wonder....

Maybe I;ll drink another one tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for the link! I just printed it out. I''m starting a folder of print outs to keep in my car.

Today I had an ensure drink(nutritional drink) and it said it is gluten free. But I had a reaction after I had it. I just noticed now that the ingredients include soy lecithin and soy protein isolate. So maybe I'm allergic to soy. I wonder....

Also might have to watch out for dariy. The part of the body responislbe for digesting dairy is often damaged by celiac disease and you may need ot heal a bit before you can tolerate dairy... good news is the dairy issue is not permant (assuming it was caused by celiac disease) and once your healed you can have dairy agian.

I'm noticing on the ensure bottle it says lactose free... but at the bottom of the ingredients it says contains milk and soy ingredients. So I bet the milk part gave me my reaction. That is very good news that the dairy issue isn't permanent! I just hope it's not the soy that bothers me.

I just saw somewhere on here that Ensure may have oats in it. Be sure to check the label.