• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

happy4dolphins

East Lansing, Michigan

Rate this topic

HI

I have an aquaintence who is vegan and celiac. She is actually from another board (endometriosis that I moderate). Anyhow, she is coming to East Lansing, MIchigan and I wondered what was available that was both vegan and celiac as far as restraunts go?

Nicole

HI

I have an aquaintence who is vegan and celiac. She is actually from another board (endometriosis that I moderate). Anyhow, she is coming to East Lansing, MIchigan and I wondered what was available that was both vegan and celiac as far as restraunts go?

Nicole

My brother lives there and he told me we went to Carraba's Italian Grill... they menu is on line so you can check it out and see if there's something she'd like.

i wouldn't recommend carraba's... i am dairy free (like vegans) and find pretty much nothing to eat on their gluten-free menu, and it's laden with many cheeses! sans cheese and meat = just some veggies. it was really tough there.

You may just want to ask your friend for suggestions as to what she generally eats. I imagine that any place with a good salad and an ability to mix it in a fresh bowl with oil and vinegar would probably be a good bet. If not, you might want to go with some sort of reliable Asian place (for tofu/rice dishes) and bring your own gluten free soy sauce. I have a friend who's vegan, and when she came to visit, there was almost nothing in common that we could both eat, so we went grocery shopping together and just cooked our separate stuff and ate it together. Sorry I don't have better advice--it takes so much dedication and vigilance to remain on the gluten free diet that I can't imagine further restricting foods.