• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

wonkabar

Adult And Kid Symptoms...are They The Same?

Rate this topic

Hi! I've learned soooooooo much from this forum. Everything that I've learned about Celiac Disease and gluten sensitivities has been from either the internet or purchasing books. No medical assistance give here when it came to helping my 3 year old son.

Anyway, I've read about many symptoms that adults experience such as headaches/migraines, leg cramps, dizziness (I think), brain fog, etc. Do children experience these types of symptoms as well? Also, what does brain-fog "feel" like? (I know that might sound silly.) Is it like the aoura you get prior to a migraine or like a hang-over? Those are the only two things I could think of as a barometer! I know all too well that gluten can exacerbate temper tantrums in kids. Do adults have issues with temperment or do the tantrums manifest themselves into some level of anxiety or depression as an adult? I know there are a lot of questions, but I'm just trying to get a handle on symptoms so I might be able to pick them out before my son can tell me himself. Any imput or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--Kristy

Symptoms of Celiac can be so varied that two (or more) celiacs may never share even one single symptom. However, it does seem as though some symptoms are more popular than others. I would imagine that symptoms could be the exact same for an adult and a child.

My best description of brain fog is something between the feeling you get right before you start to get a cold (you just can't pinpoint what's wrong, but you know something is) and being 9 months pregnant (you can't remember anything and nothing makes sense).

yeah best discribed as beeing "stoned" if you happen to know what that feels like. Im on MD for mJ so i dont feel bad saying that. Anyways yeah symptoms seem to be diffrent from everyone. I almost always have a really head fog feeling until i get some vegtables in me for the day but im also not fully healed yet so that could be just me