• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

chrissy

*****sigh*****home From Hospital--temporarily

Rate this topic

i've just gotten home tonight from 5 days in the hospital with tianna. kevin is staying with her right now, i will go back up on tuesday. i don't think she will be coming home for quite awhile. the doc said he is keeping her there until we have a "plan". her potassium was low, so she is on supplements and a heart monitor. her heart rate is pretty low because her body has gone into a conservation mode---it has been dropping even lower when she sleeps. the nurse came in and woke her up one night because of it being so low. she is pretty restricted. the bathroom door is locked, the water in the sink is turned off, and the garbage can has been removed from the room. she has to use a portable potty chair, and someone has to be in with her when she showers. she is not supposed to be walking around, so i have to take her in a wheelchair to get the outside sunshine that the doc wants her to get. she was originally being allowed to order her own meals, but she wasn't eating enough, so yesterday the doc had the dietician step in and now tianna's meals are just brought in to her. friday and sat she only ate 700 cals and 795 cals. the doc says he does not want to put a tube in her nose, but if she doesn't eat enough, he will. last night she ate a good dinner, pretended to have a stomach ache, and then threw up with me sitting right there-----even sitting with her i couldn't stop her. as soon as arrangements are made, she will be going to an eating disorder clinic. she just wants to die---i think she thought she could starve herself to death. the doc thinks that she has probably had the tendency for the eating disorder for awhile, but being diagnosed with celiac was just the last straw.

christine

Guest nini

my heart just breaks for you and your family. I do hope that they are able to keep her diet gluten-free at the hospital... even hospital staff make mistakes with this diet...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I have suffered on & off with an eating disorder for years. It is a tough battle and will continue to be one for the rest of my life. I am glad that she is in a place where she can receive the help that she needs.

((((((HUGS))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you. The greatest gift we can give our kids is love; your daughter is very lucky to have you.

--Kristy

Chrissy,

My heart goes out to you and I will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness watching your child go through this. At least she is exactly where she should be to get the best treatment. Are they giving her any kind of psyciatric treatment, specializing in eating disorders? I hope so......

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Karen

I am so very sorry that your daughter has this eating disorder. Like Karen said she is in the best place she can be. My prayers are with you, your daughter and your family. HUGS to all of you.

Chrissy-

Oh wow... I am so sorry. I am sure your heart must be breaking right now. Eating disorders are such a hard, and usually, lifelong battle. I am going to pray for healing, for a recovery, that her desires to harm herself would disappear. I had an eating disorder many years ago...and by the grace of God just snapped of it, I lost the desire. Rare story...but true. I hope she lets her guard down, listens to her family and counselors and loses the fear she is tangled up in... Prayers for you too...

Chrissy, I'm so sorry you and your family are going through such a tough time right now. You're in my thoughts...

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I fought with my own anorexia for three years. God bless you for being so strong for her. She will need it. I'll be praying that she's able to make a complete recovery soon.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

I am so sorry about what you have been going through. I can't even imagine what it would be like to watch you're own child go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kevin, Tianna, Kassie, and the rest of your family.

Sending prayers for you and your family..you can not have too many @ such a time as now...We will all be thinking of you and yours. evie

Chrissy,

Lots of hugs to you! I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's condition. A church member of ours had a daughter that we helped to send off to a rehab center for eating disorders down in Arizona. It was costly, but it seems to be working. I pray that your daughter will recover soon.

I am so sorry for your pain, and her's. We will keep you in our prayers. She has two things going for her: she's in a place where she is safe, and people will take care of her AND she has a fantastic mom who is on her side. Eating disorders and depression are so serious, and so long-term, but even the longest journey has to start somewhere, and sometime. Keep us up to date and let us know how she and you are doing. (You can create a website for her at caringbridge.com and save yourself the trauma of having to re-tell things over and over)

It's okay to worry. And it's okay to take a break and watch TV or sleep or read a book, too. Take care

Joanna