• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

staciemichelle

Milwaukee/se Wi Area

Rate this topic

Hello all! New here to the forum. My mother is a diagnosed celiac and is coming to visit in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to find out some places where we can eat out while she is here. Luckily, Wisconsin (Milwaukee area specifically) seems to be pretty aware of the whole celiac/gluten-free need and it won't be a surprise to call ahead to a place and inquire about specialty items, but I wanted to ask the people who really know first!

I'm also going to contact the gluten-free store on the South Side for their ideas.

Thanks!

I have heard that Tess's on the Eastside has a gluten free menu. It is supposed to be great! I have yet to get there.

Zin in Delafield is an Italian rest. but I used to work there. They are very familliar with Celiac. They know that they can't grill the salmon, they have to put it in a sautee pan. She could have the standard pan sautee salmon or chicken, fontina mashed potatoes and sautee veggies. It is a trendy restaraunt. Many compliments when I was there.

You could go the standard... Outback.

Oh, Maggiano's at Mayfair had a gluten free pasta. Maybe give them a call first to see if they still have it. It was good with Alfredo sauce, broccoli, and chicken!!

Good luck!!