• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

The last couple of times I have eaten Fruity Pebbles I feel sick. Does anyone know if the cereal is still gluten free? The only other thing I had this morning was a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks.

Thanks,

Mindy :huh:

The last couple of times I have eaten Fruity Pebbles I feel sick. Does anyone know if the cereal is still gluten free? The only other thing I had this morning was a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks.

Thanks,

Mindy :huh:

Couple of things...

1) CC is ALWAYS possible, and with a mainstrem product like fruity pebbles, I guess your bond to get a glutened box from time to time. Note the lot number, then toss it out and get a box from a dif lot and see.

2) CC is posible wth the starbucks too, you realy kind of need ot seperate the two to know where it mihgt have come from.

3) Are you sure its gluten at fualt?

Is Fruity Pebbles really gluten free? I thought all cereal had gluten in it. What other cereals are safe (so far I don't have any other allergies that I know of yet - just gluten)?

Is Fruity Pebbles really gluten free? I thought all cereal had gluten in it. What other cereals are safe (so far I don't have any other allergies that I know of yet - just gluten)?

the only "mainstream" ones that I know of are Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, and and Cocoa Puffs.

Other then that there are the Envirokids line of cereals, Health valley has Corn Crunch 'ems and Rice Crunch em's that are good too.

the only "mainstream" ones that I know of are Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, and and Cocoa Puffs.

Other then that there are the Envirokids line of cereals, Health valley has Corn Crunch 'ems and Rice Crunch em's that are good too.

JUST BE CAREFULL with cocoa puffs. This is a forumal change to gluten-free. I sitll see old boxes around, so always check the ingredients.

Heres what the new gluten-free boxes look like:

http://www.vydor.net/gluten/box_front.jpg

http://www.vydor.net/gluten/cocoapuff1.jpg

Always check ingredients list of the actual box you buy:

I have been successful eating:

Capn Crunch (new boxes are ok, no malt flavoring, but oat flour that Quaker says "can have CC"

Kix (nothing in the box I have, but don't like the cereal anyway)

All Kellogs have "malt flavoring" but OCCASIONALLY I will find a Rice Krispies or Frosted Flakes or Corn Flakes without it (oddly).

But basically I eat Capn Crunch almost every day and do fine.

Franceen (DH, not intestinal stuff)

Capn Crunch (new boxes are ok, no malt flavoring, but oat flour that Quaker says "can have CC"

All Kellogs have "malt flavoring" but OCCASIONALLY I will find a Rice Krispies or Frosted Flakes or Corn Flakes without it (oddly).

Oats are a big nono for celiac disease...preahpas becasue you dont have celiac disease, just DH you can get away with it. All oats are contimated, not just Quaker. There is one Candaian and one Americal company making gluten free oats, but both are brand new and have no history to check realy and none of the mainstream companies use them that I know of.

DH is the skin manifestation of Celiac, and those with DH usually have intestinal damage, even if they don't have symptoms. Oats are a big no-no.