• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Dove is my favorite brand but I hate putting all that aluminum and other junk on my skin. The crystal stick absolutely does not work for me and Tom's of Main rips up my skin. Does anyone have any recommendations? :)

Which Tom's of Maine did you use? I tried the stick but found the roll-on to work best. I also use an Adidas Aluminum-Free deoderant too that works pretty well. You can ck it out here: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...&id=prod1341746 Not "all-natural" but aluminum free which is important...

OH-and I just wanted to add... I used to use Dove's deoderant for years, and I always got these lumps/bumps in my armpits that would get very very sore. I guess they were clogged pores that became irritated...most likely not lymph glands. Anyway--since I stopped using Dove I haven't had any of those bumps--not even one!

Thanks! I was using Tom's of Main apricot scented stick. Maybe I'll try the roll-on. And yeah, that does seem to happen to me with the Dove too. Interesting...

"Kiss My Face" has a good deodorant. And Trader Joe's has one that's made with cotton fibers (I'm at work or I'd tell you the name). Don't know if you have TJ's down there.

the crystal works for me, but it's not an anti-perspirant at all,only stops the bacterial smell.

Is deaoderant glutin free im confused just ready the thread and im confused. Are just worried becayse anti-perperants can cause cancer or what? Sorry im a little slow.

Is deaoderant glutin free im confused just ready the thread and im confused. Are just worried becayse anti-perperants can cause cancer or what? Sorry im a little slow.

No problem. Some deodorants might contain gluten. I was specifically looking for all-natural gluten-free deodorants...and yeah I'm worried about the antipersperants causing cancer too.

I don't know how all natural it is, but Adidas makes a cotton based deoderant that is aluminum free. My best friend uses it and loves it, and most deoderants don't work well for her.

I just have to announce that I finally found the best "natural" deodorant. Yay. Aubrey Organics E Plus High C is awesome. Yes, it is sad that I'm excited about a deodorant related discovery, but I was about to resort to the nasty aluminum stuff again before I found this one :) The grain alcohol in it is derived from corn, and the stuff acutally works for me, unlike every other natural deodorant out there that either tore up my skin or made me smell worse :rolleyes:

I LOOOOVE Alba Botanica Clear Enzyme deoderant

I have used it since college and it actually keeps me so much dryer than Secret used to. No aluminum, no ruined yellow clothes! It's great.

I make my own. It's a two step spray and powder. I think it works as well as any alum containing deodorant and you have the advantage of scenting it to compliment your own scent and style. I love rose and sandalwood together on my skin, for example. Here is my recipe :)

I designed this deodorant spray as a more natural alternative to commercial products, and it was created with the intention of using with the powder (recipe to follow) on a daily basis. Together, I find the spray and powder will rival any standard deodorant brand I’ve tried!

Ingredients:

# 1 oz Vodka (80 proof or higher)

# 1 oz distilled water

# 6 drops of rose oil (or other essential oil)

# 4 drops of sandalwood oil (or other essential oil)

NOTE the vodka is only used to mix the oil and can be drying to some skin types. Some enjoy that effect. You don't have to use it, but if you opt not to use it you should use distilled water and make small batches to prevent mold growth or other bacteria. Use a CLEAN container.

Directions:

Mix vodka and essential oils together in the 2 oz spray bottle until oils are well blended. Add water and shake well. If your skin is too sensitive for the alcohol in this product, just make a small batch with distilled water instead and shake very well before each use as the oils will separate if there is no alcohol being used.

Some oils can be harsh on the skin if used in too high of a concentration, so please read the warning indications and test a small sample of your product before using or giving as gifts. Be especially aware using oils if you are pregnant, suffer health problems, have allergies and always use quality products for personal care.

Free Recipe: Deodorizing Body Powder

to be used with the deodorant spray listed seperately

# Ingredients:

# 8 oz arrowroot powder

# 2 oz white clay

# 1 oz cornstarch

# 1 oz baking soda

# 5 drops rose essential oil (or other essential oil)

# 4 drops sandalwood essential oil. (or other essential oil)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together well with a fork until blended. Makes 12 oz