• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

JenAnderson

Probably Been Asked Before..

Rate this topic

I have a problem. About every 2-3 months, my poo is bloody. Both bright red and dark red. I'm wondering if it's stress related (there's been a whole lot of it) or is it just the Celiac? If there is anyone out there who can give me some insight, I'd appreciate it. I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago and they found 3 small polyps. They weren't cancerous and everything was "fine". I have 2 years until my next one and don't know what to do.

-Jennifer

I have a problem. About every 2-3 months, my poo is bloody. Both bright red and dark red. I'm wondering if it's stress related (there's been a whole lot of it) or is it just the Celiac? If there is anyone out there who can give me some insight, I'd appreciate it. I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago and they found 3 small polyps. They weren't cancerous and everything was "fine". I have 2 years until my next one and don't know what to do.

-Jennifer

Is it mixed in or on the outside?

I had that also but was a mild anal laseration (cut...not sure of the spelling) due to big hard stools.

Kind of both I think. The GI that I saw before had said that it was nothing. Since I'm a military spouse, it's hard to get a good Dr. that will listen and actually work to find out what's wrong.

Kind of both I think. The GI that I saw before had said that it was nothing. Since I'm a military spouse, it's hard to get a good Dr. that will listen and actually work to find out what's wrong.

The fact that they found polyps with your last colonoscopy should be reason enough for them to do another one even though your 5 years is not yet up. I would surely question the dr about doing the test now.