• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Rice Milk seems to be a little sweet to be cooking with. Besides putting it on my cereal, what else is there that I can do with it. What do you guys use for cooking, like I want to make chicken fried steaks, and I need to dip the meat in an egg/milk wash and then my flour mix.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

BamBam

I do use rice milk Bern... It suits me well in baking. However, for breading, I stick with just the eggs only--no milk and it works just fine. There is a new product some of us have found here too--you will have to try some. It is Vance's Dairy Free and it is made from potatoes. You can also make icecream from it too. Vincent has and said it was pretty good. Mine is arriving today. Ck it out here: http://www.vancesfoods.com/original.html

I found the vanilla flavor (which I can't have any more) rice milk is a little sweeter than plain rice milk. Either way, nobody in my house (or neighbor kids) seems to notice a difference. Even in plain mashed potatoes made with hazlenut milk that I think is very sweet. Anyway, I cook only with those for anything I might eat and nobody complains.

It's the only milk we use in our house - I bake and cook with it all the time. I just used it last night for breading turkey cutlets and no one found it too sweet (I used mashed potato flakes for the breading - my girls liked it better than breadcrumbs!).