• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Question for everyone: I was dx about a month ago, and have been gluten-free ever since. While some sx have gotten better, the gas seems to have increased to a nearly constant level!

I wonder if it's milk related - I had no milk products yesterday, but still feel poorly today. If that's it, how long would it take to feel a bit better?

thanks! Dinah

It could be milk, soy or another intolerance. You may want to go on a very basic diet...meat, veggies, fruit or something along those lines and keep a food diary. Lots of people talk about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as being one that could help too.

Good luck! I had to cut way back on dairy (and take Lactaid) and cut out soy shortly after I went gluten-free.

[Thanks! Is there a link to the Specific Carbo Diet?

quote name='wolfie' date='May 10 2006, 10:15 AM' post='137592']

It could be milk, soy or another intolerance. You may want to go on a very basic diet...meat, veggies, fruit or something along those lines and keep a food diary. Lots of people talk about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as being one that could help too.

Good luck! I had to cut way back on dairy (and take Lactaid) and cut out soy shortly after I went gluten-free.