• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest lawerneke

Positive Blood Work, Negative Gi Biopsy

Rate this topic

Guest lawerneke

I had my blood test for Celiac about a year and half ago and it came out positive. When the upper GI came back negative the doctor totally disregarded Celiac and diagnosed me with IBS. I have mild and livable symptoms but I am worried that if it is Celiac I could be damaging my body at the time the doctor did not seemed concerned about this. Could I have tested negative earlier but still by damaging my body with gluten or am I being obsessive?

I had a positive blood test and an inconclusive biopsy. I went gluten-free the day after the biospy and by the time I met with my doctor to go over results two weeks later the change was so obvious I was given the Celiac diagnosis.

Have you tried gluten free? It might be worth giving it a go for a month or two to see if there is a change. If there is a change, then you'll know for sure. If it is and you don't go gluten-free, you will be damaging your body.

Elonwy