This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

All Hail Chebe!

penguin

penguin Community Regular

I made spaghetti for dinner and made Chebe breadsticks to go along with them.

OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!!!

Crusty on the outside and airy and chewy on the inside...almost like real bread!

I added the cheese and baked them on a baking stone (on parchment)

DH and I (ok, mostly me) snarfed all 10 of them.

I make pizza with chebe mixes every week, so I knew how awesome those were, but the breadsticks...

Heaven :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I made spaghetti for dinner and made Chebe breadsticks to go along with them.

OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!!!

Crusty on the outside and airy and chewy on the inside...almost like real bread!

I added the cheese and baked them on a baking stone (on parchment)

DH and I (ok, mostly me) snarfed all 10 of them.

I make pizza with chebe mixes every week, so I knew how awesome those were, but the breadsticks...

Heaven :wub:

Dangerous information for me.....have to watch my weight for the first time in my life, and WHY is food SO FREAKING GOOD now? never cared about it in my life, and now, holy cow, I want to eat all the time :ph34r: !

must.....not....order Chebe - - -

VydorScope Proficient

Heeeeey Chesle, my good teacher LOL How does that work out with your hypostuff? Not see this stuff around but if it can put pizza on the menu, ILL FIND IT!!!! :D

Heeeeey Chesle, my good teacher LOL How does that work out with your hypostuff? Not see this stuff around but if it can put pizza on the menu, ILL FIND IT!!!! :D

Luckily, cheese has protein :D and so does pepperoni :D and sausage :D I make pizza every Friday to help me keep my sanity!

If I ate nothing but the breadsticks, I would have a problem, but in conjunction with spaghetti and meat sauce, it works fine.

Seriously, I personally find that after lunch and into the evening, most of my hypoglycemia stuff is under control, it's in the morning mostly that I personally have problems if I'm not careful. Actually, I pretty much just snack all day and eat smaller portions at lunch and dinner. With the exception of my chebe binge :P

I don't deny myself anything, I just don't do anything dumb like eat sugar coated donuts for breakfast (I never liked donuts anyway). My college roomate used to eat pop tarts and mountain dew for breakfast, just watching her eat it made me nauseous! That combination first thing in the morning would have killed me!

Here's a list of places in TN that carry Chebe stuff: Open Original Shared Link

My local Wild Oats carry it. I use the red bag for pizza (it really is better than the pizza mix) and the breadstick mix for breadsticks. And for gluten-free, it's not very expensive, I think it's like $3.95 a bag here. The pizza makes like a real size thin crust pizza, too. Not like the dinky kinnikinnick expensive crusts!

Here's a link to online ordering: Open Original Shared Link

dionnek Enthusiast

regarding the hypothyroid issues - I was just diagnosed with celiac but have had hypothyroid (been on levoxyl) since I got pregnant 2 /12 years ago. Will a gluten free diet fix my thyroid problem and allow me to stop the medication?

kabowman Explorer

Chebe now has a DF/gluten-free focaccia bread!!! mix and an all purpose DF/gluten-free mix which tastes like biscuits and makes into decent buns. The focaccia bread is very good and I add sliced tomatoes, more, fresh this time of year, rosemary, and coarse sea salt.

I have always used the breadstick mix to make two mini french loaves and now I use it to make mini rolls and I add sun dried tomatoes mixed in and on top, I drizzle with olive oil and a little coarse sea salt - very tasty!!!!

I ordered online and got a case (8 packeges) of these, cheaper than in a store and shipping is included, and went a little bread crazy for a few weeks and am calming down but plan on another shipment soon! It is just too good - I don't even crave their pizza as much.

VydorScope Proficient

SOooOOooO you use the "Original Mix"? What recipe do you use?

And I thought Cheese was FAT not protien?

Thanks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TCA Contributor

We love Chebe pizza crust.... think i'll make one today. Yum! Which mix did you use for the breadsticks?

SOooOOooO you use the "Original Mix"? What recipe do you use?

And I thought Cheese was FAT not protien?

Thanks!!!

Fat and protein are good friends :)...

Cheese has got a pretty good amount of protein in it, though I don't have numbers in front of me. I'm thinking at least 4 grams protein per ounce for most cheeses like mozzarella and cheddar. You can also get low fat cheese, but make sure it's the 2% kind, the fat free cheeses have a bunch of sugar and salt and crap in them.

I use the original mix and add cheese as they reccomend and follow the on-the-bag instructions for pizza. DH has gotten so used to it that he thinks normal pizza tastes wierd. :)

We love Chebe pizza crust.... think i'll make one today. Yum! Which mix did you use for the breadsticks?

I think I used the onion/garlic mix for breadsticks. Stripey green bag, I think, but not the pizza one.

jenvan Collaborator
Chebe now has a DF/gluten-free focaccia bread!!! mix and an all purpose DF/gluten-free mix which tastes like biscuits and makes into decent buns. The focaccia bread is very good and I add sliced tomatoes, more, fresh this time of year, rosemary, and coarse sea salt.

I have always used the breadstick mix to make two mini french loaves and now I use it to make mini rolls and I add sun dried tomatoes mixed in and on top, I drizzle with olive oil and a little coarse sea salt - very tasty!!!!

I ordered online and got a case (8 packeges) of these, cheaper than in a store and shipping is included, and went a little bread crazy for a few weeks and am calming down but plan on another shipment soon! It is just too good - I don't even crave their pizza as much.

Hey--I made breadsticks last night--yum! Focaccia Kate--I'll have to try that--sounds great!!

Mango04 Enthusiast

The Foccacia is good! It's great dipped in homemade bruschetta (sp?)

I made the breadsticks once and ate way way too many. I felt like a big ball of tapioca for like a week afterwards...but it was worth it.

Chebe is my one exception to my not really ever eating any type of bread rule :P

For the CF folks, make sure you get the packages that are marked CF (obviously)...and the pizza crust is great with just tomatoes, canadian bacon, itailan herbs and olive oil. No cheese needed. :P

Moongirl Community Regular

DO you guys do the dry mixes or the frozen oven ready dough?

kabowman Explorer

I have only done the mixes. They have frozen? If they do, I didn't look - of course, I only look at gluten-free/CF/DF.

Archived