• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest Pixi

Should I Be This Sensitive?

Rate this topic

Guest Pixi

I ate at a sushi place today that I don't get problems from (I bring my own gluten-free soy sauce, yay!)

Today, for some crazy reason, they deep fried my sweet potato roll which they hadn't done the last time I ordered it. The sweet potato was the only part fried.. so I didn't notice. I put it in my mouth, started chewing, tasted the "fried" taste and spit it out immediately, rinsed, etc..

I have diarrhea like crazy though now.. and stomach pains... I didn't even swallow! Is it normal to be sensitive in that way.. ?!

Guest schmenge
I have diarrhea like crazy though now.. and stomach pains... I didn't even swallow! Is it normal to be sensitive in that way.. ?!

I think so. When I was first diagnosed I didn't have any of the reactions I have now (I suspect once I got the gluten out of my body, my body became more demanding :) ). Because of that I figured I was not all that sensitive (realizing that the intestinal damage would be the same regardless of how I felt). Now I am amazed at how little it takes to cause a reaction. I thought I could use the same containers for peanut butter, margarine and such as long as I was careful. Well I've got separate ones now! I am pretty sure my last glutening came from the rack in the microwave.

I am ultra sensitive to gluten. Some people are and some people are not. What you are describing sounds like a normal reaction.

Guest cassidy

I think I'm that sensitive as well. I have gotten sick from salads in restaurants, so it has to be from cc.

I can usually tell after 3 bites and one time I stopped eating then because I knew the food had gluten in it. I was sick for 5 days.

I have given up on eating in restaurants because no matter what I order I get sick.

Guest Pixi

Wow, really! I was starting to think I was crazy and creating these reactions. Good to know it's normal! Thank you :)

Cassidy.. that's how I feel now. I think I'm just going to have to start eating at home before I go out with friends.. aw :/