• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lister

Vitamens Right For Age Group?

Rate this topic

i got some centrum advanced formula from a to zink including the complete antioxidant group. im 20 years old im just wondering if maybe these vitemans may be to strong or contain to much stuff for me? i dont know does not say on package

Guest Viola

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask your doctor to do a full vitamin blood panel so you can have an idea of where you are especially low. I'm not sure if you are a male or female, if female, you may need some added iron. Although, I know a couple of male Celiacs who were also low in iron, so I guess I shouldn't generalize. :rolleyes:

im male. i just got these vitemans because they where a multi viteman would it be a bad idea to take them? i was just thinking maybe they would help me feel better some

i have a apointment with my doctor on monday- would it be safe to take them until then atleast since i cant ask him any questions until then

Guest Viola
im male. i just got these vitemans because they where a multi viteman would it be a bad idea to take them? i was just thinking maybe they would help me feel better some

i have a apointment with my doctor on monday- would it be safe to take them until then atleast since i cant ask him any questions until then

I'm sure it would be just fine to take them. Most of us need vitamin supplements. It's also a good idea to see if you need an extra boost that a mulivitamin may not have. Things like iron, and vitamin B12 are two that sometimes need more than what you can get in a multivitamin. I take both of those along with a multi vitamin. But you really need to get them tested first.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon, it's not fun feeling tired all the time.

i got some centrum advanced formula from a to zink including the complete antioxidant group. im 20 years old im just wondering if maybe these vitemans may be to strong or contain to much stuff for me? i dont know does not say on package

I think that taking them is a good idea. I don't think you have to worry about the Centrum giving you too much of any one vitamin or mineral. It's a basic, balanced formula based on the MDR. I agree with Shirley's advice when it comes to supplimenting specific vitamins in larger amounts. For that, you may want to get blood testing to see if you are actually deficient in anything.