• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lister

Working With The Sick

Rate this topic

so today one of my co-workes has come to work with what sounds like the flue, i dont have the power to send her home since im only the manager tell 8am and she is shedualed until 2pm.

basically what i am wondering is since i am currently sick and healing from the damage from celiac disease is my immune system down, like do i have a higher chance of catching it from her or the same i always have had? i usaly never get sick but since the flu is what "triggerd" my celiac into showing visibale damage i am slightly conserend about my health

and im saying that its probably the flu because yesterday she was puking and we sent her home, today she is fatigued and has very bad D

yeah i got into a nice fight with my boss when she got to work this is what i said "hey she is sick still and has really bad D you need to send her home or i need to go home i dont want to work around her but she cant be here making food all day" boss's reply "i dont have the employs to cover her she has to stay atleast until lunch" my reply " she is to sick, it is illegal to have her here making food" boss's reply " DONT YOU SPIT THE LAW AT ME THE SECOND I WALK IN THE DOOR NOW GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE I SUSPEND YOU FOR TALKING BACK" yeah so if anyone knows what deparment i need to contact to report this im getten kinda sick of her. she always makes you come into work even if u call in sick, one of are other managers had the flu and tried to call in she said NO YOU NEED TO COME IN, so she came in and puked everywhere and got half the store sick. this happens all the time by they way i work at a burger king hmmmmm really makes u wanna eat there doesnt it

yeah i got into a nice fight with my boss when she got to work this is what i said "hey she is sick still and has really bad D you need to send her home or i need to go home i dont want to work around her but she cant be here making food all day" boss's reply "i dont have the employs to cover her she has to stay atleast until lunch" my reply " she is to sick, it is illegal to have her here making food" boss's reply " DONT YOU SPIT THE LAW AT ME THE SECOND I WALK IN THE DOOR NOW GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE I SUSPEND YOU FOR TALKING BACK" yeah so if anyone knows what deparment i need to contact to report this im getten kinda sick of her. she always makes you come into work even if u call in sick, one of are other managers had the flu and tried to call in she said NO YOU NEED TO COME IN, so she came in and puked everywhere and got half the store sick. this happens all the time by they way i work at a burger king hmmmmm really makes u wanna eat there doesnt it

Contact your friendly county health department. I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction. Wanna know something funny? Since celiac I rarely get the flu. (Or maybe I'm just plain to ornry to get sick) I am constantly washing my hands and never never eat w/o washing first because of CC issues. I've been much more aware of touching hands to face like eyes or such. The bugs need moist warm ways into your body. Basic hygiene will do wonders to keep you healthy.

And I don't eat fast food - my dd is an ex-MickyD's employee. What she told me was enough to turn me off of beef forever. Yecch.

Annette