• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Ok so im trying to figure out what may have glutened me the other day and i know it was not anything i ate or CC from anything as i was very carefull so i have been checking all of my products i use. i use suave shampoo, and it does not say anything about containing gluten or wheat or bry or oats or anything like that so i ruled that out, i am using pure and natural soap, i cant figure out if it may contain anything, toothpaste i use is crest with cavity protection is that safe? i have read that crest is safe but are they just talking about reguler crest or all crest, then deodarent i dont even think this one probably matters since it does not go near the mouth but i use rightguard sport.

oh and on a side question instead of making a new post, it says on the list of no nos that startch is a no no but lots of prodcuts that we say are safe contain startch?? im slightly confused on this

oh and on a side question instead of making a new post, it says on the list of no nos that startch is a no no but lots of prodcuts that we say are safe contain startch?? im slightly confused on this

It depends....alot of starch is safe. Tapioca starch, corn starch, potato starch...those are fine...they are gluten free. Modified food starch needs to looked into if it doesnt specify where its from....it could be wheat.

im just talking aboud products that just say startch nothing else just startch? should i contact each company that i find that does that and ask?

im just talking aboud products that just say startch nothing else just startch? should i contact each company that i find that does that and ask?

I wouldnt eat anything that I wasnt sure was safe.

im not talking about foods that say starch i have been really really picky on what i eat lately as im trying to heal since it seems like i reveresed the prossess temopraly, like im back to beeing the way i was when i was on gluten, so im sticking with homemade salads and stuff i know for sure is safe, but something is still getting to me. like vitemans that say startch or shampoos or soaps

It's hard to say when we don't know exactly what you are refering to. If you could let us know which products and how the starch is listed, we'd have a better chance of helping you out. :)

Yes, your vitamins could be the culprit. There are some vitamins that we know are gluten free and some will even say gluten free on the package. Nature Made vitamins are gluten-free--do you have a CVS near you, they carry gluten-free vitamins. Check out a vitamin topic here in the forum and see what you find. Deb

When a product just says starch, I go to the Web site and research it there - they almost always list which kind of starch they use if you did deep enough - if not, you can always call and see if they can look it up for you.

If in doubt, stay away - also, if it isn't bothering me - since I have not tested positive for celiac disease - I am not in danger of damaging my body - only making myself sick, then I keep using it - I only research if I AM getting sick and can't identify the trigger. And I am very sensitive to minute amounts.