This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Crest Toothpastes

Lister

Lister Rising Star

i know that basic crest is gluten free but is it the same for all of there toothpastes i have hte one with bakingsoda/cavity protection/whitning- as i am a smoker and try to keep my teeth from going yellow, is there a better brand to use??

also i some questions, does deodarent matter since it does not get anywhere close to your mouth??

i use pure and natural soap and sometimes dove or zest are these gluten free? i have areally hard time trying to read ingrediants as my eyes like to skip back and forth on words and the small print makes it almost impossible, ok and this one is really off topic but i dont want to open another post i feel like i post to much so, Pots,pans,can openers and all those good kitchen products like that, do i really have to go out and buy new ones?? isnt cleaning them enough to prevent cc??? i know a toaster is a must but other then that shouldnt soap and hot water take care of any problems?? like i have a george forman grill i dont have to go out and get a new one do i??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular
i know that basic crest is gluten free but is it the same for all of there toothpastes i have hte one with bakingsoda/cavity protection/whitning...??

also i some questions, does deodarent matter since it does not get anywhere close to your mouth??

i use pure and natural soap and sometimes dove or zest are these gluten free?

...Pots,pans,can openers and all those good kitchen products like that, do i really have to go out and buy new ones?? isnt cleaning them enough to prevent cc???...

all crest products are gluten free, according to the manufacturer.

in theory deoderant shouldn't matter, but most of us like to be 'complete'.

I know dove is gluten-free, do not know for sure about the others, but believe they are. (I think unilever says they'd label wheat in plain english.)

some pots and pans can be cleaned. any non-stick cookware that has any scratches on it will have small groves that can harbor gluten that you're not really going to be able to get out. soap doesn't "dissolve" gluten, nor does hot water, as you can tell by leaving stuck on pasta in a pot in the sink for days - you still need to scrub. stainless steel pans can usually be cleaned well enough - always by hand, the dishwasher isn't going to be sufficient if you're dual-purposing the pans. but you MUST be VERY thorough about cleaning. and forget about collanders; like toasters, just get a new one.

Lister Rising Star

what about my grill? i love that thing but i dont have the money to replace it i use it for all of my meats because it cooks anything in lik 5 minutes

and i would just go out and buy all new cookweare but i live with a ideot for a roommate that would just ruin the whole point anyways

what about my grill? i love that thing but i dont have the money to replace it i use it for all of my meats because it cooks anything in lik 5 minutes

and i would just go out and buy all new cookweare but i live with a ideot for a roommate that would just ruin the whole point anyways

I don't know what the surfaces of those grills are like. if it's a non-stick surface, and you've used metal utensils on it (you're not supposed to use metal utensiles on non-stick cookware :o ), it may have problem scratches on it. you have to use your own best judgement about the shape it's in and how it's been used. in many cases, you would need to replace it, but certainly not in all cases if it's been well taken care of.

Lister Rising Star

what if i scrubbed it good with a metal pad?? beause yah i have hurt the thing a bit got some scratchs on it im sad all my stuff has scratchs and i dont have money to go out and buy anything, i guess i have to risk cc for a while :(

what if i scrubbed it good with a metal pad?? beause yah i have hurt the thing a bit got some scratchs on it im sad all my stuff has scratchs and i dont have money to go out and buy anything, i guess i have to risk cc for a while :(

if it's a non-stick surface, absolutely do NOT scrub it with a metal scouring pad, or most scouring pads. you will only ruin it entirely and have to chuck the whole thing anyway.

Lister Rising Star

sounds like i have to chuck all my stuff anyways all my dishs have scrapes and gashs because my roommate does not now how to clean anything proporly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived