• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Hello to all.....Yesterday I ate a ton of sun flower seeds then went to a friends house for mother's day dinner....she made me and our families a complete gluten free meal.....It was great.....Around 6:30 A.M. I started to get sick and could not think of anything gluten I had eaten, I looked at the the bag of seeds and there it was WHEAT FLOUR......I was so mad at those seeds..... feelimg better and I hope you had a good weekend.....Deena

This is why we ALWAYS check the ingredient label on ANYTHING that has an ingredient label. (And always look for one on anything that isn't a whole food/produce.)

Guest Evelyn&Ric

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with the sun flower seeds :( . I read somewhere that wheat flour is used on conveyor belts to keep nuts and seeds from sticking. We don’t take a chance and rinse our nuts (almonds, walnuts, & pecans from Costco) with water a then dry prior to eating. Hope this information helps.

Have you ever tried Mrs. May's Naturals? They are really wonderful. They are like "nut clusters" they have a little sweetness and a lot of crunch. My favorite are the almond, cashew and sunflower seed varieties. I have bought them at Wal-mart and at my nutrition store- if you see them, give them a try. They are gluten-free and they do not use any artificial colors or flavors- they are fee of dairy, wheat and cholesterol!

Have you ever tried Mrs. May's Naturals? They are really wonderful. They are like "nut clusters" they have a little sweetness and a lot of crunch. My favorite are the almond, cashew and sunflower seed varieties. I have bought them at Wal-mart and at my nutrition store- if you see them, give them a try. They are gluten-free and they do not use any artificial colors or flavors- they are fee of dairy, wheat and cholesterol!

Thanks....It has been 2 days and I am still feeling bad......How long does it take for the gluten to clear out.?....

You are all a blessing.....Deena